Why you Dog proof the house and never leave a husky alone

PaulG

11 minutes ago, wolfpup said:

Marley had fresh meaty bones every day and he lost all of his teeth on those,  he didn't notice a tooth had gone and chewing on the bones helped with the new ones poking through

Agreed! The new teeth come out so fast with them gnawing in the bones!

• Like 1

Today I had to go to the shops again, so I dutifully shut the dogs out of the lounge, fed them then left.

When I got back hubby kindly came out to help me  (there was quite a bit) ......................................................

BUT ..................................................

In order for him to get out of the house and me to get in it ......................................................................

The IDIOT shut the dogs in the lounge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     It only took Marley less than 5 minutes to do this   -  when I walked into the lounge he ran straight for his crate and dived into it  (he never usually will go in it).

P1010523.JPG

3 minutes ago, wolfpup said:

Today I had to go to the shops again, so I dutifully shut the dogs out of the lounge, fed them then left.

When I got back hubby kindly came out to help me  (there was quite a bit) ......................................................

BUT ..................................................

In order for him to get out of the house and me to get in it ......................................................................

The IDIOT shut the dogs in the lounge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     It only took Marley less than 5 minutes to do this   -  when I walked into the lounge he ran straight for his crate and dived into it  (he never usually will go in it).

P1010523.JPG

i do not accet any guilt for starting this thread due to people suddenly having huskys eating the house

Simpson's style hahaa

i just saw the news post on yahoo

• Like 1

If you hadn't started it I would have    :(   However Marley has Lunar to play with ...................and  Socks & Angel to torment (cats) together with five hens to terrorize ...................plus we were in the house   ...................he wasn't exactly on his own.   :angry:  Its a good job he crammed himself in his crate so I couldn't reach him.

• Like 1

Not **!&^%** likely!

There is no way on Gods green earth I am forking out for a new suite for him to eat!    :omg:

The fact that we were thinking of getting rid of the chair as it is surplus to requirements is the only reason hubby has not strung him up by his tail already.   If I get rid of it now he will only start on the settee or other chair,  -  far better to let him get it out of his system on this chair then when he grows up I can chuck it in the tip.

Doesn't bode well for dog training tonight does it??????????????

• Like 1

Haha no I guess training & obedience went out the windows there!

Maybe he'd like a comfy doggie bed in that spot...but maybe not quite yet as he'd 'revamp' it now too ;)

I'm so glad mine like to destroy their toys and not the house! But that's probably because I spoil them with way too many toys & chewies!

This thread needs to be closed asap!

It's affecting the subconscious of our Huskies! :o

:huh:

This morning while making breakfast Tsunami snuck into the bathroom...now the little weasel never done so before, but today he decided to try out soap as HIS breakfast! :angry:

Vet said I should keep an eye on him since he only ate a little piece he should be fine and only have an upset tummy...not a great start to the morning!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, loudlucky said:

This thread needs to be closed asap!

It's affecting the subconscious of our Huskies! :o

:huh:

This morning while making breakfast Tsunami snuck into the bathroom...now the little weasel never done so before, but today he decided to try out soap as HIS breakfast! :angry:

Vet said I should keep an eye on him since he only ate a little piece he should be fine and only have an upset tummy...not a great start to the morning!

he just felt his inside needed cleaning LOLOL

38 minutes ago, robke said:

he just felt his inside needed cleaning LOLOL

Now I need to make sure the bathroom door is closed at all times...and Smokey can open any of the inside doors from both sides! 

They don't like each other but they can do mischief together...that seems to be what they now start to bond over! :angry:

1 minute ago, loudlucky said:

Now I need to make sure the bathroom door is closed at all times...and Smokey can open any of the inside doors from both sides! 

They don't like each other but they can do mischief together...that seems to be what they now start to bond over! :angry:

you gotta love them....am so glad all mine only like digging in the garden...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, robke said:

you gotta love them....am so glad all mine only like digging in the garden...

That's because yours hasn't smelled the fun of mischief yet!

They are probably too busy plotting to take over the world after their trip to the war museum...

1 minute ago, loudlucky said:

That's because yours hasn't smelled the fun of mischief yet!

They are probably too busy plotting to take over the world after their trip to the war museum...

Oh they have in the past but nothing so sincere...1 kilo of mince meat 1 old shoe and 1 times emptied the bin...that is it..now they can stay home alone for 6 hrs no problem...and not crated free run of the house apart from the rooms doors are closed...

• Like 1

Oh dear @LL  at least it was only a bit of soap  -  he either did not like the taste - in which case he won't do it again  -  or he wasn't hungry enough    :lol:

Marley can open every door in the house except the front door (permanently locked) and the lounge door  (yet)  - might have to consider getting a lock for the lounge door soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wolfpup said:

Oh dear @LL  at least it was only a bit of soap  -  he either did not like the taste - in which case he won't do it again  -  or he wasn't hungry enough    :lol:

Marley can open every door in the house except the front door (permanently locked) and the lounge door  (yet)  - might have to consider getting a lock for the lounge door soon.

in the past we have used the baby stuff for keeping kitchen doors closed...worked brilliant for us...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wolfpup said:

Well he liked the soap very much...I had to take it from him! Luckily he gives something up on command or we would have had a fight so early in the morning ;)

Tsunami wants to tell you all that its very depressing not being allowed to eat soap! He's been sulking like this all morning! He keeps wanting to go back to the bathroom...maybe he wants to go brush his teeth as well, or give himself a bath! :P:rofl:

IMG_20160413_122252_599.JPG

• Like 3

6 hours ago, robke said:

Oh they have in the past but nothing so sincere...1 kilo of mince meat 1 old shoe and 1 times emptied the bin...that is it..now they can stay home alone for 6 hrs no problem...and not crated free run of the house apart from the rooms doors are closed...

What training, if any, did you do to achieve this @robke?? I really want to start transitioning Harper out of the crate now that I will be able to pop home more in the day...

right am back van passed no problems...

we started home alone training with ... a command, we use watch the house and a treat. leave for 1 min out of sight...come back in then we have another command..did you watch the house?..and a smal treat..up the time span every time making sure that you are out of their sight...(we do leave either the tv or a radio on at all times) it does / can take a while but that is how it works for us...

• Like 1