FIlms Involving Huskys

BeMoreHusky

Hidden
40 minutes ago, Mastodon said:

I've gotta go with Eight Below. Eight huskies stuck in Antartica fending for themselves. Not necessarily the best movie ever, but enjoyable. True story too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight_Below

True story is about a totally different breed of husky, a Japanese expedition, and only two half brothers survive... :/ 'Fraid its only about as accurate as Balto.

I personally like Iron Will. It's probably the most accurate in terms of mushing and has a great story.  

I like Iron Will.  Also like Eight Below.  Snow Dogs is what I call a bubble gum movie, though I still enjoyed it.

I liked eight below too. I watched the Akita film hatchiko too but I thought it was way too sad for me. I spent the whole time on the verge of tears, lol.

Snow dogs was alright but I hate the bit where they tell him to bite the dogs on their ears, very annoying. :(

Sent via the power of telepathy.

Not seen Iron Will so must check it out.

I like the last trapper (but not keen on trapping) as its a kind of doccumentary film.  It's no Hollywood either (like that too) as the main character plays himself.  Think it's more the fact it's just about one guy, his wife and the relationship with their dogs.  

If you've not seen it the full movie can be seen using Mr Google.