Allergy meds for dogs?

kchesney8

Tuff has seasonal allergies.  He is sneezing all over the place.  He always ends up with an ear infection once a year too.  Does anyone have any dog allergy medication suggestions?  I read that they can have zyrtec which is what I take but I don't know what dose to give him.  Anyone else's huskies have allergies?

Our Zoya has allergies. We give her four Benadryl twice a day.  She also gets an ear infection once in the spring when pollen is running rampant, and once in the fall when the corn harvest is in full swing.  With the Benadryl, the ear infections are not as bad.  We also give her two fish oil pills twice a day. The fish oil helps her absorb the Benadryl better.  Do check with your vet, first though. Our vet has a phone app to determine the proper dosage of Benadryl, and since dogs do not absorb it as well as humans the dosage is higher.

• Like 1

When Bear's entire face swelled up a couple of Years back the vets prescribed us some antihistamines. They were human grade and strength ones, think it was Piriton. We got a big bottle of them and they cost more than if we'd bought them ourselves at the chemist but at least she was definitely getting the right dose for her weight. At 42kg she is a big girl and needs big doses. Lol

Sent via the power of telepathy.