Trip to A&E

Emma

I'm currently sat in the local accident and emergency department waiting for my finger to get stitched back together after an accident involving a Stanley knife. [emoji380][emoji24]

Been here 1.5 hours so far and current waiting time is over 2 hours. Fingers crossed (well most of them anyway) that it's not too long until I'm outta here.

Sent via the power of telepathy.

since when are you allowed to handle sharpies????? and esp stanley's knife, he will be missing it now....

you take care and just wait a bit longer and offcourse ask for pink plasters...

• Like 1

note to self do not let Emma near stanley knives also keep super glue on stand by in case she does get near them

side note super glue is now being used for stiches in some cases

• Like 2

Thanks. Just had it done now. All glued and steri stripped back together. Was a nightmare as I'm still bleeding even now (4 hours later). Nurse said it will take a while longer than normal to heal due to me being a big bleeder, lol.

f75c7a046f7fd4f7fea1e3756dc83f90.jpg

• Like 1

Have you access to calendula or yarrow??     -  if not just put cayenne pepper on it  (wont sting like you would think). All will stop the bleeding.    Hope it heals quickly for you.

• Like 1

since when are you allowed to handle sharpies????? and esp stanley's knife, he will be missing it now....

you take care and just wait a bit longer and offcourse ask for pink plasters...

Lmao. Funny you say that. This was pretty much Paul's response too. "Oh why did I let the clumsy girl near s sharp object?" [emoji23]

note to self do not let Emma near stanley knives also keep super glue on stand by in case she does get near them

side note super glue is now being used for stiches in some cases

Ha ha. I know I know, I'm a klutz, lol.

Yeah they did glue it. It's very similar to superglue but not so immediately bonding. You got a bit of wriggle room in there to manoeuvre the skin flaps in place first without sticking the nurses hands to them. Lol. God knows that would only make my day worse. Being superglued to the nurse by my poorly finger. [emoji23]

Oh Emma, that's gotta hurt. OUCH!

Mmmn. The word "pulsating" is the best descriptor right now. [emoji380][emoji1360][emoji36]

Have you access to calendula or yarrow??     -  if not just put cayenne pepper on it  (wont sting like you would think). All will stop the bleeding.    Hope it heals quickly for you.

Thank you for the suggestions. I haven't got either but might be able to source some if need be.

Glad you're gonna be ok. :grouphug:

Thank you Andy. Right back at'cha. Xxx

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wolfpup said:

Thank you for the suggestions. I haven't got either but might be able to source some if need be.

It might be worth while getting a tincture of yarrow  (health stores) for your first aid kit.   A couple of drops will stop bleeding very very quickly.   Of course you must ensure the wound is clean first.   Calendula will also stop the bleeding and promote rapid healing (same caveat on clean wound).   I got a small nasty gouge out of my hand a few weeks ago and put calendula on it (it stung) - but 36 hours later it looked as though it had happend a week earlier, it also has the added advantage of inhibiting infection.  Apologies -  about "Granny & sucking eggs".

• Like 1

Finger is doing a bit better today. Wasn't throbbing as much yesterday and doesn't hurt too much unless I touch it or bang it on something. Then the air turns blue, ha ha.

6 minutes ago, Emma said:

Finger is doing a bit better today. Wasn't throbbing as much yesterday and doesn't hurt too much unless I touch it or bang it on something. Then the air turns blue, ha ha.

Have you ever noticed that you're never aware of any part of your body until it becomes injured and then

it bangs, thumps and pokes into and at everything. . . constantly

• Like 1

Ouch. It's the same finger on the same hand as me too.

I really hope it feels better for you soon.

Took the bandage off mine today and it's still bleeding a bit, 4 days after the slicing. But then I have been doing heavy lifting, DIY, going to the dump etc.... So not exactly doing myself any favours. Word of advise, take it easy! Do as I say not as I do, lol.

Ouch. It's the same finger on the same hand as me too.

I really hope it feels better for you soon.

Took the bandage off mine today and it's still bleeding a bit, 4 days after the slicing. But then I have been doing heavy lifting, DIY, going to the dump etc.... So not exactly doing myself any favours. Word of advise, take it easy! Do as I say not as I do, lol.

4 days after the slicing, that made me chuckle! I hope you feel better soon :) the nurse told me to leave dressing on for 3 days, I might leave it a bit longer then!

• Like 1

Yeah they told me to take it off after a couple of days but as it's still bleeding on occasion I can't really do that. Instead I'm changing the dressing occasionally and hoping for the best.