Food Problems

Wolfee

I bought Freya (and the others) a 15kg bag of Vitalin Muesli and she won't touch it... Will she be more interested if I mixed water in or some tuna to make it wetter? Or even with some tinned wet food? 

This husky is so stubborn and fussy, been through so many food brands/types, if she doesn't want to eat it she will literally starve herself and get really skinny so I need her to eat this :(

You could try adding a little warm water to the kibble to help draw out the scent.

The thing with adding wet food is partly that they're not really designed to be fed together as they digest at different rates and partly that it's a bit of a slippery slope. Once you start doing it then often they'll ignore the dry food altogether and wait it out until you give them the wet food again. That kinda ends up with everyone being caught In a slippery slope.

Some people drizzle small amounts of fish oil or coconut oil onto the kibble.

Huskies are notorious fussy eaters although Ice seems to be the other extreme: dog Hoover. That presents its own set of problems too tbh.

Can you obtain sample bags of kibble from the suppliers that she hasn't tried to see if there's something she likes before investing heavily into a giant sack? Thinking of your bank balance here, lol. Generally a good quality kibble is enjoyed more. Look for one that's not got grain listed as the first three ingredients as these are just filler ingredients really. Ideally grain free is even better. There's a dog food analyser website that's good at comparing and rating the quality of kibbles. I'll go see if I can find it.

Failing that, it might be worth looking up a raw diet at some point in time. Have a feeling she won't refuse that, lol.

Sent via the power of telepathy.

Think this is the right dog food advisor link http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/

Sent via the power of telepathy.

• Like 1