New Husky and a close call...

BigRedDog

I recently picked up a husky/border collie mix from the local pound. Nala is a sweet girl, but we believed abused in her precious home.. her and shadow (husky I posted before) have been having a great time until this week...

Sunday night, I left both dogs outside (chain link fence, partially private fenced in, and electric fence) because they both enjoyed the cooler nights and sleeping outside... at 4:40 am I awoke to a horrific scream from my dogs, my boy Shadow was under attack by my neighbors pit, he ad aught adow asleep and had him under the jaw and on his back.... 

Imediately I jumped into action and started beating the pit with a shovel trying to give shadow a fighting chance (I couldn't get the pit off of him) , Nala was terrified and wanted to run away, so I stopped got her locked up inside, grabbed the phone and called 911, and went to get the neighbors up....

When I got back to the backyard (maybe 2 minutes) I saw shadow laying limp in the pits mouthx I screamed his name as loud as possible and he started fighting and screaming again, we got the pit off and  rushed shadow into a bedroom...

He was lucky to survive with bad injuries but alive and doing much better... but now I have two terrified dogs, who were just asleep in their own yards...

Breaks my heart that those two almost died cause of a terrible dog owner, and I feel so guilty that I couldn't save shadow...I will be buying my pistol Friday 

20160601_174005.jpg

Oh god, I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened. Sending them both all my best wishes for their recovery.

Have the neighbours said anything about what happened?

Sent via the power of rubbish tapatalk

The owner of the Pit, does he feel any responsibility?  He or she should.  Hope your dog heals quickly.  

No the owner doesn't, I'm having to push charges through animal control and will probably end uovin a lawsuit to cover all current and future costs at the vet, they tried to hide the pit before  got animal control and a lawyer 

Vet said he's lucky to be alive...amazingly they credit his collar with saving his life there are teeth marks in his collar that protected part of his throat, simply amazing that he didn't die 

1488.jpg

1487.jpg