Polar opposites

Emma

Bear and Ice have always been very different to each other.

Bear is gentle and soft, hates rough play and is generally a quiet and peace keeping dog.

Ice on the other hand is a little Tasmanian devil. Very outspoken, stands his ground and loves rough play to the point he doesn't know how to do anything else. He is also using this big boy act to disguise the fact that secretly he is a big baby, lol.

The other day I went out in the garden with the dogs and snuck the grooming rake with me.

When ice spotted it, he came running over to me, turned around to face the other way and held his head high, closed his eyes and smiled dreamily whilst I groomed him.

Bear on the other hand, took one look at the rake, went whale eyed and ran off indoors to hide, lol.

It's funny how different they are. Each having their own individual personalities. [emoji3]

Sent via the power of rubbish tapatalk

• Like 3

My 3 are very different from one another. Ice sounds a lot like Nikko minus the fact he hates getting groomed lol. Yukon is my laid back lazy husky. And Kodiak is my gentle giant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a problem when trying to groom my two - they both love it  -  each gets really jealous of the other one being groomed - and tries to interfere and get in first, pushing and shoving each other to try and get under the brush.    Lunar will stand for grooming but will never lie down or go on his back - however Marley immediately goes on his back and I have a major fight to try and get at his back and legs.  Tried separating them in different rooms - but the noise is horrendous, with the one trying to scratch at the door and get in.

Funny creatures, dogs.

• Like 2

Echo will happily stand/lie/sit still for a brushing but Darwin heads for the hills as soon as I even look at the rake. . . LOL

• Like 1

All my are different. Harper will, without a doubt, stand her ground and be super stubborn about certain things and likes to keep an eye on things in the house. If there is a strange noise/object she will alert you until she knows it's okay, but for as 'stand offish' as she is about strangers, she also LOVES to snuggle up under the covers in bed and have a cuddle. She is the cuddliest of all the dogs and needs human attention the most. Hento is a typical collie whom is a complete people pleaser, an absolute wuss, and completely aloof to other dogs/people.I worry about him the most because he will not stand up for himself and leaves himself open to being pushed around sometimes. Finn is....a puppy, I can already tell he is very strong willed like Harper and likes a cuddle (his whole body wiggled with happiness).

Isn't it funny how every dog is completely unique in their character just like we are? Animials in general are so fantastically complex, more so than I think we know...

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My two are complete opposites too! Smokey cuddly and sweet & Tsunami a little (big) terrorist...

Smokey loves to be brushed, while Tsunami I think would rather have his teeth pulled out! :rofl: He does not like an undercoat rake going through his thick coat, especially when he's blowing his coat!

• Like 1