Can't get 3 month old to go potty and Poop outside!!!

Shaiasaur

This is the first night home, and I'm already so frustrated because I feel like I'm failing already!

I have been taking him outside around 3/4 hours (I'm so tired!) and he just doesn't want to go. Then as soon as we get inside he fines somewhere to go. I clean it up with Natures Miracle.

I have caught him in the act a few times and quickly say "No!" Then I attempt to take him outside. He doesn't like to go on his own outside, always pushing away. So I have to carry him. The same goes for indoors. I'm attempting to give him treats to encourage him. So far it's working.

I even wiped some urine on a paper towel and rubbed it in grass and still he goes inside. I know miracles aren't going to happen the first few days but goodness I want him to learn! 

Any help is appreciative!

And he hasn't even went Poop or pee outside yet, all inside. 

you have to give it a bit of time...cannot give anymore info myself as I have never had any dogs under the age of 1..but somebody will no doubt give you some more help...

Here's what I do, When I feed my dog food and then drinks water , I take her out after 10 mins and say go pee or I say go do your business. When she doesn't do her business right away i wait for a while until she does.  BUT if she doesn't need to , go back inside the house and wait for 15 mins and go outside again.  I do it repeatedly after breakfast and lunch .   Also don't give food and water to your pup when you going to sleep cause he will very likely do his business inside. Also this video helps a lot too ^^ 

I had that problem with Luna  (now nearing 8)  -  I eventually got him to go outside during the day - but at night he would always do it in the house (usually the kitchen)  -  it turned out he was scared of the dark.   Even now he will not go out at night unless he has either:

A light outside so it is bright

Another dog who will go out at night with him.

Marley, after being clean for months has just started to pee indoors again  -  twice yesterday  - both times in the kitchen - and both times the back door was open.

It will take some time.  My first puppy, I got him at 10 weeks of age, took months to potty train.  During the day, take him outside every half hour, and also immediately after playing or waking up.  Also, about 10-15 minutes after eating or drinking.

When you do take him outside, use a key word, like "go potty".  It might also help to have a bell on the door, and ring it every time you go out to potty.  If he does go outside, use lots of praise.  You can use treats too, but I didn't.  If you catch him in the act, say NO and immediately take him outside and use the key word. 

• 2 weeks later...

With our Miss Mya, now 4 months, about 10 minutes after she drinks or eats....out she goes. I say "let's go potty" for our key word. I actually started with "go poo" as well. During the day she was doing really well, goes to the door and rings the doggie bells (those are awesome!). Sometimes very emphatically! Lol out we go.....lots of praise. Every now and then she will get a treat right after ringing the bell. Not all the time tho. In the evening.....we have a tougher time. She seems to forget the bells sometimes. She would prefer to revert back to jumping up and nipping at me to let me know she needs to go out...usually that's when she needs to poo. If I watch her behavior....I just tell her to ring the bells. Hopefully she'll remember.  

So far I take her out before bed and she goes to her room (she sleeps in her big crate) and about 4:30/5am she needs to go out again. Been that way since we brought her home at 7weeks old. Yes, we have had a few inside accidents. I was upset at first....one time I had just spent 20 minutes outside with her...nothing  she came in and within 5 minutes, left a puddle and 2 big piles on my carpet! (Natures miracle came out). She is a work in progress as am I. 

Oh.....a night light does wonders! One of those led ones that sit flat against the wall and don't get hot. We have one next to her crate. It glows a pretty blue and gives a bit of light to the area for her. 

Blaze was 5 months old by the time he was toilet trained we got him at 8 weeks , skyla we got at 14 weeks so just over 3 months old n she was about 7 months old b4 she was trained , just be patient keep taking him out after ever meal, drink , sleep etc n every half hour or so n he'll get there eventually crazy praise for any time he does go toilet outside too