Hello there!

NeceeRae

:wave:First off I am so glad I found this forum! I was just searching the net to see what husky sites existed and happened here.  :)My name is Denise but everyone calls me Necee (knee cee). I am the proud momma of a precious 4 month old Husky/malamute mix. Her name is Mya. I just love her to pieces...... Most days I think I'd like to wring her hiney but don't we all. Lol 

I've always loved huskies.....and knew one day I would have one. I have been looking at pomskies for the last year but hadn't settled on a breeder I was happy with yet. My new daughter in love was out looking for a puppy and they had their heart set on a Belgian malnoise...my sons dream puppy, none were available that they could afford. They looked at rescue shelters and actually found one! They turned in their application, were approved for the pup and headed there right away. Sadly when she got there, the person running the shelter had adopted the pup out. Sad. My daughter in love was not giving up. By chance her and her friend stopped at our local "ag feed store". They have adoptable pets every now and then. There were 3 husky/malamute mix pups, 7weeks old for sale. She asked all the questions on the parents and it's a reputable breeder the ag store owner knows. She ended up falling in love with one of the girls. My son showed me the photo and said there are two left.  Of course, I told my husband I just want to go look ;) My son hadn't told me much, just that there was a girl and a boy left, not which was which... but there were people coming in looking at them. In the truck we went. I was excited and nervous! What if it's my pup?! What if I get there and it's gone?! Maybe I missed my chance.....we pulled up and I walked in.....and someone was holding the pup of my dreams! Ack!!! I about cried. I wanted to go rip it out of her arms. I know...don't be mean. Lol I calmly walked over my heart racing...and looked at the other pup sitting in the trough. Cute...but she has the one I want! The lady and I start talking. She said "we are only here to love on them. I wish we could take them all home. But we come down every now and then and just love on the animals". My heart melted at her kindness!! She then placed this beautiful shy ball of fluff in my arms and said, she needs a momma like you. :wub:  I got puppy kisses and this ball of fluff snuggled right into me. Yes, I did need her, but I think she needed me more. The one in the trough was a male, tho adorable and feisty.....he went home with a perfect couple a few days later. 

We named her Mya. Our son and daughter in love have her sister, Mia. Both are fun loving, energetic and have fit right in to the family. Mya can be very stubborn....what husky isn't right?! But I wouldn't trade her for anything. She gets up with my husband every morning while he has coffee before going out to bale hay or do the farm thing. She gets all excited when I come out (5am is not my idea of waking up) and doesn't leave my side. She's definitely my pup.  

So other than that.....I am a photographer and have my own business. I love it. My husband and I along with our son and son in law own and operate a hay farm. Life keeps us pretty busy. I kinda like it that way. 

From 11pounds at 7weeks when we got her to 25pounds at 16weeks 

Mia and Kelsie, Mya and I....Mya In July.....Mya beginning of June (loves to sit on this stool)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jmscott said:

Be sure you do your breed research on Mals. They have different traits that Sibes do. Grats on the new puppy!

Oh I have been. :) such differences! So far I think Mya has more husky than mal in her and Mia got more of the mal than husky  lol Thank you so much  

8 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Welcome to the pack , u might find she's a bit more stubborn with her being 7 weeks old , specially if her mother wasn't there with her too

Stubborn she is. I was a tad upset that 7 week pups were there without their mom. She is was born March 30th and we got her  May 19th. So 7weeks and 1 day old. 

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. We are so glad we found this place.