New to the Forum

kelev

Hello! My name is Hannah and I recently adopted my first husky about five weeks ago. I'm absolutely in love with the breed and would love to learn more about them via experience and help from experienced people! I live in the United States, way down in Texas but hope to move somewhere colder soon. 

As I said above, I have one husky mix (husky/gsd). Her name is Sheba and we recently rescued her. She had a torn ACL and was taken to a kill shelter. None of the husky or shepherd rescues would take her in because it would be an expensive surgery so a chihuahua rescue ended up getting her just before she was euthanized! After she was healed, we adopted her and she's been amazing. I've never had a dog that pushes me just as much as I push her. She keeps me motivated and active (she'll rip up my house if I don't) and I am so grateful to her. 

Anyways, here are some pictures! 

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

• Like 4

Welcome from Iowa.  So did she get surgery on her knee, or did she just get therapy?  Kudos for giving such a beauty a furever home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mazz said:

Welcome from Iowa.  So did she get surgery on her knee, or did she just get therapy?  Kudos for giving such a beauty a furever home.

Thank you! And excuse me, I meant Achilles Tendon, not ACL. I was thinking of something else and got side tracked when I typed that, sorry! She got surgery and then therapy to help her recover. 

• Like 2

:cool: Full marks to you for rescuing a beautiful girl. You are in the right place to learn about the breed there is a wealth of experience on here. Anything you need to know, no matter how daft you may think it is, ask. To us there are no daft questions and we all had to learn once. I have years of experience with GSD's but when I went to get my first husky I was told to forget everything I'd learnt and start again. I'm still here. Look forward to hearing from you. :goodjob:

Gary.

• Like 1