Growth on paw

Jay

Has anyone seen this before? It literally came out of nowhere. I only noticed it when Nikko was licking it for him and saw a huge growth. He was walking fine and doesn't seem to be in pain.

133de34fb1c2d8dcfeb509e51023f853.jpg

5610f1a0dc44ae3cfb215550fcab86c1.jpg

2f30c2dad0b92ea065b1bdfff34611d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grass seeds are a common culprit.

Can they get up through the back? I only knew that they could get into the claw cuticle and sneak on up that way.

If it's red and leaking pus then it's definitely got some degree of infection there. Good luck at the vets Jay. Hope he's back to normal soon xxx

My post was a little confusing. It's Yukons paw that is sore and Nikko has been licking it constantly. It looks a little better today but I have an appointment tomorrow evening

• Like 1

That looks nasty. Hoping the antibiotic ointment works but if not vets is a must. There are so many things that could have caused this and the possibility of it spreading is quite high so needs nipping in the bud asap. Fingers crossed it is just a grass seed.

Gary. 

cd2155ec441154ad1901556cab4ae086.jpg

Back from the vet. He seems to think it's an infection and nothing looks stuck. Gave him some antibiotics and if it doesn't improve them they may take a biopsy.