Good news

Laska

Hi all

As you may have seen ive not been about much as life is hectic But......

Storm came into heat and she took laska into heat aswell . some thing i didnt know could happen . But i left her with a freinds sibe a lovely pure breed with crystal blue eyes and they mated as i didnt know she was in season as she was very light and i thought the blood was storms . but ive found out this week she is up the duff. luckly i have 6 friends who dearly wanted a dog like laska so i hope all goes well . ill be going to the vets again next week for a scan and ill find out how many she has. im as excited as i was when the wife was positive.

Made a welping spot for her and got everything man can buy to help things my room looks like a operating theater.

I try my best to get my cam working so i can show pics. but for some reason since ive change to windows 7 i cant get my cam to show on the pic to upload pics . but im sure ill get it fixed.

All my best speak soon rolleyes.gif

post-448-13585947720617_thumb.jpg

How come you left her with a friend? Was it planned?

Make sure you read up as much as you can, a birth can go drastically wrong very quickly so you need to be prepared and I hope you're not squeamish lol Some of the things you'll need:

Scissors

Towels

Wet wipes

warm water

Patience

Strong Stomach

Good luck and make sure you post some pictures "Daddy" lol

How come you left her with a friend? Was it planned?

Make sure you read up as much as you can, a birth can go drastically wrong very quickly so you need to be prepared and I hope you're not squeamish lol Some of the things you'll need:

Scissors

Towels

Wet wipes

warm water

Patience

Strong Stomach

Good luck and make sure you post some pictures "Daddy" lol

Ive bought a http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DEFINITIVE-Whelping-Kit-dog-welping-box-puppy-ID-bands_W0QQitemZ360210670616QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs?hash=item53de3aa418

and ive done as much reading as a person can read and ive got advise from the vet im sure all will go well . and the vet said she is mor ethen likely up the duff so i guess time will tell. wish me luck

• 3 weeks later...

She is now very fat. ( looks like me now may its right that dogs end up looking like there owner rolleyes.gif )

well tomorrow is the prime day for birth so ill keep my eye out as i have the past week. all i want is a little sleep laugh.gif

btw does any one know how other huskies are around while another is giving birth. should i keep storm away>???

i would keep them away, she will be stressed out and you dont want the other one picking up on this and getting stressed aswell, keep the whelping room as quiet as possible.

make sure you have the number of an out of hours vet and preferably have the vet on call in case something goes wrong, if she has a pup in breech or stuck in the birthing canal she will go downhill quickly, and a heamorrage can kill in minutes.

Other than that all i can say is good luck :)