GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Sarah

Took my boys out today for a walk in the local nature reserve - 2 hours - LOVELY....just me and my boys :)

Bumped into a member from here - Ian aka malamute and WOW has Blizzard GROWN!!! :wub:

Anyway, was wandering along, minding my own business and saw 2 people on bikes coming towards me, so i pulled my boys back in and made them wait - they just rode past and didn't even say thanks angry.gif charming - some people have no mannors!

Then about half an hour later........3 people on bikes rode past - i didn't hear them coming as was near a waterfall at the time - the first guy rode past and nearly ran over Kimba and i didn't get a chance to pull them back before the second one rode past :( then by the time the third one rode past i was ready for shouting at them..... the third one had to stop so i could bring my boys in - STILL no thank youangry.gif

Is it just people on bikes? How rude - GET SOME MANNORS!!!

i no what u mean saz the amount ov ppl who dont say thankyou round here is stupid women with kids and buggies ppl on horses old ppl EVERY1 no1 says thanks anymore not even cheers or ta ffs drives me crazy most ov the time i shout ' A THANKS WUD B NICE!' to them but most the time they ignore ya drives me insane!!!!!!!! angry.gif

You guys must just be unlucky or maybe our locals are just more polite?. Most of the folk we meet out on our training trails are great, and the MTB lads we see are great. Must admit a team of dogs on a rig hurtling towards them does probably make them think a little more about giving way a bit ;). We always thank the ones who do, and usually thanked by the ones we give way to.

This riles me, too - does it hurt to say "thanks"? No!!

Now, if it's someone I hold a door open for, or move over when out walking for, whatever & I don't get a "thanks", I say, loud enough for them to hear as I walk away "Thanks ... Don't mention it .....Oh, you didn't!" 8 times outta 10 I get an embarrassed "Oh, yeah, thanks" :angry:

This riles me, too - does it hurt to say "thanks"? No!!

Now, if it's someone I hold a door open for, or move over when out walking for, whatever & I don't get a "thanks", I say, loud enough for them to hear as I walk away "Thanks ... Don't mention it .....Oh, you didn't!" 8 times outta 10 I get an embarrassed "Oh, yeah, thanks" angry.gif

I got a good one, i call them back saying they have dropped something and then close the door on them and walk off, the confused dumb look is priceless, whats even funnier is when they carry on looking for something that is not there! you find ignorant people are the dumb ones of this world......lolbiggrin.gif

I got a good one, i call them back saying they have dropped something and then close the door on them and walk off, the confused dumb look is priceless, whats even funnier is when they carry on looking for something that is not there! you find ignorant people are the dumb ones of this world......lolbiggrin.gif

lmao that is sooo funny im gonna do that rofl nice 1 tony :P

Most of the folk we meet out on our training trails are great............................... Must admit a team of dogs on a rig hurtling towards them does probably make them think a little more about giving way a bit ;). We always thank the ones who do, and usually thanked by the ones we give way to.

Same as Lyn - the cyclists who use our training trails are usually really good - mind you, like us the mountain bikers have to have a permit to use the forest, so it is in their interests to be polite and sensitive to other users. The worst people are the Joe Public dog walkers who pay nothing for the use of the forest trails, but think they own them and let their offlead, out of control dogs run into the middle of a fast travelling team. We try to avoid this by training at first light, but unfortunately some of these muppets suffer from insomnia and are up as early as we are.

Mick