Husky Health Question

Zenithian

Hello, I am a proud owner of a 5 year old black and white male husky named Keno. My family has had 2 before I moved out, I got him for me alone to raise. Everything has been a  completely new experience but even more he is encountering a health issue I do not recognize and hoping somebody might. 

It started after he was groomed, where in three days he developed ,exclusively on his back ,quarter size vesticle blisters totaling  6 by the time I could get him in to the vet. They said that since  it was restricted to his back it must be due to heavy brushing by the groomer. I left with some anti bacterial for the blisters. The blisters have healed, and his fur is returning but he does get a vesticle blisters on his back only. There has been 4-5 more over a three month period. Aside from me touching his back he doesn't seem to notice them. They begin small, like a bead and by night it has grown to a quarter size and breaks. I tried looking for answers online but autoimmune diseases do not describe any blisters located on his back. I thought maybe the harness was rubbing him raw but some blisters show where the harness doesnt even touch. The only things I can think is an allergy, or due to less fur , sunburn. I would like to know how I to help him but I want ideas before its written off by the vet again as something as a one time deal. Hes walked three times a day for 10-15 minutes. Thank you in advance. I should add he does have azma like condition and takes daily pregnazon.

IMG_0422.JPG

IMG_0502.JPG

IMG_0503.JPG

If it was one I would ask maybe a hotspot? But not so sure if they can come in groups or not. [emoji848]

When you say azma do you mean eczema? The skin condition? Sorry if I sound rude for asking but if he does have eczema then that in itself can cause skin complaints and prednisone (steroid) also affects the skin. My Bear is on it too and when she was on it daily it really wrecked her fur and skin condition, Affects ability to heal too and makes them more susceptible to secondary bacterial and viral infections.

We managed to up the dose but reduce the frequency to every other day and that allows her body to get a little break and helps reduce the side effects a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Welcome to Husky-Owners

I would suggest hot spots

I see you are in Omaha, The weather is roughly the same as here in England strangely enough.

Certainly warm enough to bring out hot spots

I would also suggest a trip to your vets too

Archived