Kaien and chicken wings

Hock

So i decided to venture into feeding alittle raw to my boy since I can buy it for somewhat cheap so i bought a 4 lb thing of raw chicken wings. I gave him two last night since that seemed to be appropriately proportioned to him and how much he eats. OMG how noisy he is. I thought maybe I need to crack the bones but let him have the first one to see how he does. He sorta looked at it in a awkward way as if to say "WTF is this? Where is my kibble?!" but he soon started licking it and then carried it off to his crate where the smacking and snapping began. It sounded like a ill-mannered family at a crab buffet. I did managed to video 1 min of him eating his first one and I'll post it later.

Well if it makes them poop less i'd do the opposite LOL. That way, theres less of a mess to clean up when I get home from work. He's recently gotten messy and he'll poop and then track it everywhere in the laundry room where he stays while i'm at work. plus he likes to rip up his pee pads now angry.gif

Thinking on it, for his own safety it would have to be TOTW in the morning and raw at night since i could supervise him. i dont want him eating raw with bones it and something happen without me there.

Wow Hock, that is the cutest thing ever.

I asked a question about this on my other thread . . . but I am a bit scared of the chicken wings. CAN'T THEY CHOKE ON TINY BONES?? I remember as a kid people telling me never give dogs chicken bones because the bones splinter.

Forgive me, I'm new! What is the general thought on this?

raw bones=ok, cooked bone=brittle and splintery.

nice vid hock. is 2 cups all TOTW suggests feeding at his age? my pup's 10m+ and ~50lb and her suggested feeding is 2 cups. it always seems growing pups need more, just curious. he looks like such a little devil in your profile pic!

next things to try are carrots and eggs :) you'll have to crack the egg open a little so he knows there's goodness inside.

raw bones=ok, cooked bone=brittle and splintery.

nice vid hock. is 2 cups all TOTW suggests feeding at his age? my pup's 10m+ and ~50lb and her suggested feeding is 2 cups. it always seems growing pups need more, just curious. he looks like such a little devil in your profile pic!

next things to try are carrots and eggs :) you'll have to crack the egg open a little so he knows there's goodness inside.

I'm feeding him what works for him. Any more and usually his poo softens or becomes runny. When he gets around 5-6 months i'll bump him to maybe 1 1/2 cups to see how he does but I am starting to alternate him on raw and kibble. I'll say this to, carrots go right through him. I mean they go in whole as chunks and come out whole as chunks, it's like they dont even digest. I have yet to try eggs with him which will be my next trial

BTW, i just noticed the PitaPata thing is wrong, he's actually 3 months and 3 weeks old.

basically, the bones aren't susceptible to splintering if they've not been cooked - always ask if you don't know, better safe than sorry and you can guarantee that there will be other peoplet hat wonder the same thing but daren't ask. Everyone starts somewhere :)

Yeah the carrots don't really get digested properly - they more or less come out the same shape they went in lol unsure.gif they can't break down the enzymes in the carrots properly but it does them no harm in having them, keeps them occupied and also keeps their teeth clean as well :D