Husky needs help

alina

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

poor thing :( ignoring them is hard to do, but it's in their best interest, cuddling them just reassures them that the fearful behaviour they're displaying is good - they don't think like humans do - i look at my boys like my kids and find it very hard sometimes to step back from showing them affection if they're scared of something.

can you try and play some music like what you heard today in your house so he can get used to it?

Instead of ignoring him you can also try having a game/training session to help him focus on something other than the noise.

If my dogs have a fright I call them over to me and play with them, either tug or we go through some commands or play a game like find heel position. Reward them ONLY when they are obeying you and focusing on you and not the noise. Make a big game out of it and get them happy and excited and focusing on you instead of the noise.