Superstitions

Val (Zebedee)

As today is the first of the month, there are various superstitions related to it. If I remember :rolleyes: I say "white rabbits" & I've heard "pinch, punch, 1st of the month" which is a bit violent for me! :lol:

Got me thinking of other superstitions I have ... won't walk under a ladder, I pick things that relate to the number 4, don't walk on cracks in the pavement, won't put new shoes on the table, don't open an umbrella in the house ..... can't think of any more, ATM ...

Do you have any superstitions?? :D

I try to say white rabbits as well. smile.gif A few people at work say you shouldn't cross on the stairs. Also see a penny pick it up and all day long you'll have good luck! (although my mum says see a pin pick it up?)

the original saying is see a pin pick it up

i think a lot of superstitons are just common sense (like walking under a ladder (more chance of being hit by a falling object))

im not superstitous (i think) #

nope hang on just found one.. "touch wood" for luck. is one i do, and comes from the pagan religion who believed that spirits resided in trees, and touching them was paying homage, therefore bringing luck.

oh and finger crossed for luck also. this is a making the christian "Fish" sign with your fingers to ward of bad luck.

i find superstitions so interesting, especially their origins

walking over 2 drains (the ones that are joined together) is good luck, 1 is bad luck and you have to say bread and butter, 3 is very bad luck and you have to tap your head 3 times lol

my friend told me this in 1st year of high school, i still do it now unsure.gif lol