What NOT to treat with, to shove in Kong toys?

infernalstone

I know the usual stuff, like chocolate, chicken and pork bones, the recent article about grapes and raisins.

Is there anything more specific to siberians that I should NOT use at treats?

I'm looking for stuff to pack Eden's kong with aside from just biscuits and peanut butter. I'll probably have to use peanut butter as the "binder". I've seen the kong brand stuff, but IIRC it's pretty danged pricey.

Also, any tried and proven recipes or things that you guys have, I'd love to hear. We're still in a "get to know each other, bride with nummy treats" phase, so I'm trying to make sure I have variety so she doesn't get bored with the treats.

soaking kibble in water, then freezing...great in the summer...bit tricky to get it right so it doesn't slop everywhere in your freezer, i tend to stand it up in a cup! and use cling wrap!

i found an article on it last year sometime and posted it, but not sure where, let me see if i can find it!

i seal mine with cheese, i've aso filled them with their raw mince xxxx

I thought that any kind of Dairy product. . .Milk / cheese/ cream etc was bad for all types of canines. . .??

all 3 of mine love cheese but they only get in small amounts, i dont fill the kong with cheese just seal it so other stuff dont fall out xxx apart from that they get a lil bit as a treat not an then xxx

Adult dogs generally are lactose intolerant. However, most dogs really like dairy products such as plain vanilla ice cream, plain yogurt, cheese, etc.

As long as you give them sparingly, they can make a good occasional treat. Small bits of string cheese work great for training if you have a dairy-loving dog.

Some dairy products can also be beneficial to dogs, such as plain yogurt which can be added to their food and helps with digestion.

The key is to know what works for your dog (some dogs easily get diarrhea from dairy products) and use them sparingly, you should be okay.

all 3 of mine love cheese but they only get in small amounts, i dont fill the kong with cheese just seal it so other stuff dont fall out xxx apart from that they get a lil bit as a treat not an then xxx

Adult dogs generally are lactose intolerant. However, most dogs really like dairy products such as plain vanilla ice cream, plain yogurt, cheese, etc.

As long as you give them sparingly, they can make a good occasional treat. Small bits of string cheese work great for training if you have a dairy-loving dog.

Some dairy products can also be beneficial to dogs, such as plain yogurt which can be added to their food and helps with digestion.

The key is to know what works for your dog (some dogs easily get diarrhea from dairy products) and use them sparingly, you should be okay.

OK thanks for the clarification . . :)

i dont give my dogs any dairy food at all, i try not to give my dogs anything that may be slightly bad for them,

i am looking at getting a kong and will be filling it with meat and i dont know what to seal it with but ill find something