Troubleshooting the Age Calculation of My Two Huskies

riche98432

I’m having trouble determining the exact age of my two Huskies. Despite using various methods and tools, the results seem inconsistent. What are the most accurate ways to calculate the age of my Huskies, and how can I ensure I'm getting reliable information? And recommend me some online  husky age calculator which can sort out my problem. 

As I only ever have rescue dogs  -  I never can be sure of my dogs age.   However I put their birthday as the day I got them, (their  Gotcha Day) and usually go on the age year given by the rescue organisation I get them from.

If you do not know the date of birth because your dogs are also rescues  (and its the only reason I can think of that would make their exact age a mystery), I wonder why it is such an issue for you?

• 3 weeks later...

To accurately determine the age of your Huskies, it's best to use tools that consider factors like breed and size, as different breeds age differently. While the "one dog year equals seven human years" rule is outdated, there are online calculators that offer a more nuanced approach.

Two reliable options are:

1. MyPetGuides: This tool allows you to select your dog's breed and enter its age, providing a more precise conversion of your dog's age into human years, considering breed-specific factors. You can find it [here](https://mypetguides.com/human-years-to-dog-years-calculator/).

2. KodyTools: This calculator is straightforward and useful for determining your dog’s age in human years based on size categories (small, medium, large, or giant). It's especially handy for a quick estimation. You can try it [here](https://www.kodytools.com/dog-age-calculator).

By using these tools, you'll get a better understanding of your Huskies' ages and be able to cater to their specific life stage needs more effectively.