Cat killer husky put down.... WTF

damorulz

The first one sounds like the dog was just left free off lead an i dont think the dog should be put down.

The second one well sad but the should have made sure the dog was out or it had no access to the baby, as they said you can never predict how they will react in different situations.

i wish id not read this now!! but i am very nosey so had to...

the first one didnt really upset me but the second one did....her poor parents! its totally devastating! god only knows how they must feel- you never would expect that...its jst awful!

The first instance, unfortunate but well thats Husky nature. Most dog breeds will chase cats, tho most arn't quick enough to catch one.

The second, So sad

But not a breed issue this could have happened with any breed large enough get into the babies cot.

the first story is deff the prey drive of the breed...as i've learned first hand from kodah killing are cat, of course it didnt happen in the home..as kodah was fast enough to catch it outside.

no dog should be left unattended with a small child......it doesnt matter what breed....its very unfortunate thing that happend and i dont know why the dog would do that ..but of course animals dont see thing as we do....to the dog it could have seem as prey...i can say my huskies have been around lots of little ones and never shown any sign of aggression but then again who's to say what could happen if left unattended , not to seem viscous but i would have like to seen the interaction of dog and baby , and did the family properly introduce the baby into the pack and establish baby as alpha, as in bringing home baby blanket to get dog custom to smelll of child and walk dog and baby together with the stroller as lead of course.my dogs love my children and would never hurt, maybe tear there stuff up though!biggrin.gif

That first 1... WTF? Why would you voluntarily allow your dog to be taken and PTS unless you dont really care about the dogs welfare in the first place which reading between the lines Im guessing that owner did not! People who cant be arsed to take care of their dogs properly do they dont go around killing neighborhood animals shouldnt be allowed to have them in the first place! They should have taken both dogs away and re-homed them not put one to sleep and leave the other with someone who clearly doesnt take care of it! Gggggrrr!

Second one: very sad but I'm sadder that the dog has been pts as I'm guessing had they done a little bit of work with the dog before hand and put proper messures in place to let the dog know that the baby was there but that it was completely off limits maybe even had a dog gate to the babies bedroom then that was completely preventable.. People who go around with their heads up their arses where dog training and care is conserned just make me very angry.

The first one:

"The owner conceded that the attack was likely to have been caused by their dogs,” a council spokesman said. "

wtf?? LIKELY ? Sorry but if it was my boys there'd be no hope in hell that anyone would get to put them down for something like this.

The second one is tragic :(

But it says The attack took place as her parents watched television, unaware the dog was inside. Erm, how can you not know if your dog's in or out and did they not have an intercom on?

The siberian husky had returned to the family's Perth home after being kept at a relative's house during the child's first week at home. That's more than liely the reason why something as tragic as this happened.