Idea's Needed please :)

Sarah

It's my mum's 60th Birthday on 21st April and want to get her something different - not weird wtf is that different just - i dunno, that's why i'm asking for help lol

Anyone got any ideas?

As for what she likes / doesn't like etc, she is quite easygoing, and as a result hard to buy for.

Any ideas are much appreciated xxx

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of Music does she like. . .maybe get her tickets to see her favourite singer.

Or a show in the West End. . .I know it's a long way but a weekend in the big smoke and a lloyd webber show. . . .

Suppose it depends on yer budget. . . .

She doesn't really listen to much music - mainly radio 2 to be honest lol

She loves the theatre though, that's not a bad idea although she won't go to London cause of my Grandad at the moment, might have a mooch and see what's playing in Manchester though xx Thanks Andy, added to rep

Love birthdays, but at my age they can stay away now :( Anyway, last year my husband booked me into a spa for a facial, massage and manicure, the bonus was he booked for my daughter as well. He shopped around and got a good price. It was fantastic and my daughter and I had a great morning doing girly things together.

we sent my mum on the Orient express train to be wined an dined we get her 2 tickets for mum an stepdad they love it xxxx

Trouble is parents are NOT like Huskies. . .no matter how far you send them off. . .they DO insist on coming back. . .good try tho'.. . biggrin.gif

A nice family photo/album? If she has children & grand kids you can make your own albums online where the photos are printed onto the page,they look pretty good. Or a big photo collage printed on canvas of all the family. You could do this along with something else? Just an idea as we are thinking of doing this for my mum & dads anniversary smile.gif

Take her bungee zorbing im doing it soon cant wait will be great rush its the kind of thing id wanna be doing at 60 none of the hey ur old lets do old stuff ur only as young as ya feel get something lively and different :-)

Just remember Keath. . .when YOUR kids suggest that to you when you're 60. . .they're just after their inheritance. . . .wink.gif

does she like travelling? My dad loves travelling and for his 60th we bought him a gemstone globe, which i still need to get an engraved plaque to stick onit to say happy 60th...

i guess it depends on if you want something for her to keep or to do.

i think slap up meal and theatre sounds good!

hmmmmmmmmmmmm good ideas guys

i'd say the spa thing......last minute.com are usually really good

weekend away? some gorgeous hotels can be booked through last minute.com too

what about a photo sitting for all the family? and then buy her a big picture for her living room between you all?

what about a surprise meal with all the family there?

you can get really good weekend tickets with an overnight hotel stay for london on lastminute.com (we've done that a few times)

have a look what is on at the empire in liverpool too as they have some really good stuff on

good auld fashioned shin-dig??? with all the family

get her family tree done professionally with a framed print of it all with pics of everyone on it going back as far as possibly (look really good in halls etc)

ooooooooh what about something like a memory album of her 60 years.....eg a really nice book from paperchase.....with loads of stuff for her to look at

............so some pics of her little, then getting married, events in her life, then a page each for all her family eg one grandchild writes something nice/draws a picture or sticks something in that reminds him/her of her....and you guys do the same whether it's a cherished pic that you have of u and her 2gether or an empty chocolate flake wrapper that reminds u of her bcoz u guys always buy them for each other.............hope you're understanding my meaning!!

good luck-let us know what you decide!!!!!!!!

Oh loving these ideas peep!

How weird is this - my mum's bday is 21st april (same day as the queens)............my dad's birthday is 10th June - same day as the queen's husband......AND they share the same wedding anniversary!! - honestly, they didn't plan it but weird huh laugh.gif

Aimee, I'd luv to be your mum. I am old enough, my birthday is 21/12 smile.gif

awwww bless you,my mum is only 44 and she was a single mum (due to evil alcoholic father of mine!) until i was 10 so we're more best friends or sisters than mum and daughter.....i spoil her rotten whenever i can because she gave up so much for me to bring me up and work full time on her own that i feel like she made too many sacrifices too young so needs to be spoilt now :-)