warning all dog owners

kteen

THIS MAKES ME SICK ITS VERY WORRYING

DOG THEFT IS BIG BUSINESS - DOGS ARE BEING STOLEN EVERY SINGLE DAY THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY, IT IS A VERY RAPIDLY OCCCURING CRIME AND IS VERY PROFITABLE FOR THE PEOPLE STEALING THE DOGS. STOLEN DOGS ARE USED FOR DOG FIGHTING- Nice dogs are stolen and used as bait for fighting dogs - mouths taped up and ripped to pieces - yes it does happen.

OR TAKEN TO PUPPY FARMS AND BRED FROM UNTIL THEY ARE WORN OUT - is there any wonder we say don't buy a puppy. If you do wish to, make sure you see the mum of the pups, in a warm household environment - comfortable, clean and relaxed. If you saw the horrors that these puppy farms breed these dogs in, it would make you cry. All for a few quid.

OR SOLD ABROAD FOR THEIR SKINS -THIS IS BIG BIG BUSINESS - DON'T EVER LEAVE YOUR DOG UNATTENDED - THEY WILL STEAL THEM ANYWHERE - PLEASE DON'T EVER RISK IT - ALWAYS BE ON YOUR GUARD.

Certain skins are more sought after than others. Young dogs, and gsd's are the favourite at the moment. This was reported recently We just wanted to let everyone on here know, that thieves are taking dogs out of gardens and even breaking into houses to get them. Yesterday morning a man jumped over my fence to try and get the dog out. It was broad daylight, myself and my children were up and even my friend who was in my shed at the time did not put this person off. It looks like he was throwing food over the fence at some point, as we have found food all over the place, but obviously when he didnt get her to jump over he thought he'd come in and help her over.

My friend was absolutely terrified and she does not scare easily and i only caught the tail end of things & didnt hear the commotion until he was scrambling back over the fence. gone with them. The police have said that there are rings operating and to be careful .There are also advising us to be careful at the local parks and beauty spots as there have been incidents of dogs being taken from owners at knifepoint.

They are not fussy about which dogs they take either, as if they cant sell them on they are likely to ransom them back to you. So anybody in this area please be extra careful when your out walking and even in your homes. And please pass this on to any dog owners you know.

This article sickens me totally you must be worried sick having a strange man jumping in your garden.

DOn't know about the rest of you but it really would be over my dead body anybody would take one of my three babies, I would defend them with my life because quite simply they are my life!!!!! smile.gif

That is really awful. our back garden is not secure so we don't let the dogs out there

they are always in the house or out for "Walkies" with us.

And if anyone broke in while we were out.

They'd have to deal with Echo.

lol good luck with that. . . .

hi everyone,

thanks for the info. It's terrifiying tha there are some really sick people around, and this only done because there is money in this sort of crime and yes i would protect max with my life. don't let max know but he is as imporant as my daughter but he don't need that thought lol biggrin.gif

good luck everyone and i hope on-one has this happen

jon xxx

There is actually a couple in the city next to ours that is stealing other people's dogs and selling them on Craigslist, hoobly, and other such sites. They will enter people's yards and steal the dogs using treats, toys, anything to entice the dog over. A friend of mine I met at the dog park nearly had one of his Whippets stolen from their yard, they had JUST let them out to potty and play a bit. My friend's wife was standing at the window doing dishes and saw the guy try to steal their male and she yelled for her husband. Suffice it to say they didn't get away with the dog but it's an increasing problem in the area. It's really disgusting and quite a pathetically sad turn about for how bad our economy is getting. I will NEVER leave either of my girls un-attended in a yard for this specific reason. It's sad that we have to now supervise our pets in our own yards to keep them safe :(

I heard that the husky is one of the most stolen dogs here in the US. We NEVER leave ours unattended outside ever. Would never want to risk it. People love them because of their beauty. Makes you angry though, how would they like us to steal someone they love?!sad.gif

Its a disgrace :angry: One of the Husky rescue organizations in SA have a section on their website for lost/stolen huskies with their photos. They ask that visitors on the site keep their eye out on other websites like Gumtree etc that offer dogs and puppies for sale. Our Vet, with both our pups, ran the scanner over them to see if they were micro chipped. He says he does this to all dogs who come in for the first time to check that they haven't been chipped before - in case they were stolen before being sold to us!! I was very impressed by this and think this should be a standard practice at all Vets. Both of ours have now been micro chipped.

Wow thats frightening! And I do occationally take Nuks to the local shop and leave her outside, did it this afternoon!!! Well wont do that again! Its always worried me coz shes so pretty and very friendly that someone might take her but if theres actually news of it happening then I wont risk it again! There are some pathetic oxygen theives out there arnt there.. it makes me very angry and sad.

A few months ago cats and rabbits kept going missing in our area and I read somewhere that they use them for dog fighting aswell. Our rabbits are kept outside because they are too big to stay inside, and one of them even though big is old and has bad hearing and sight, they could easily just take him sad.gif pets shouldnt have to be watched constantly, some people are just so sick

jesus i hope you are all okay?

i tell you sumat...it is jst not safe anywhere anymore- if people are prepared to jump into YOUR garden in daylight and attempt to steel your dog then they would do anything.....

i know its completely different but my british blue cat went missing a year ago never to be seen again- im sure he was stolen!!! there was an increase in cats being stolen around that time in my area sad.gif

be careful when your out and about hun!!

x x

This is awful, but it does not suprise meangry.gif I left Boshka out in the front garden when she was a puppy (my partner was in the house) & was just going down to the shop in the car, fortunately I looked in my rear view mirror to see some youth had let her out and was trying to entice her to go with him. I turned the car around called Boshka (she bounded into the car) and gave the youth a piece of my mindangry_smile.gif ever since then she is never out of my sight & goes everywhere with me unless she is safely locked in the house!