chocolate concrete like schools make

karly_larkin

i used to love the chocolate concrete when i was at school and i've found the recipe so will share it with you all lol

INGREDIENTS

200g plain flour

200g granulated sugar

100g butter

50g cocoa powder

METHOD

1. pre-heat oven to 18c gas mark 4.

in mixing bowl mix the flour, sugar and cocoa powder (do not use hot chocolate you can taste the difference)

2. melt the butter

3. using your fingers mix all together untill it has a crumble consistency

4. Grease you tin and pour the mixture into it.

Pat the mixture down so it compacts.

Place in the oven for 20 minutes

5. when it comes out sprinkle with a little sugar

TIP

Only leave it to rest if you want it hard :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just for you lol

INGREDIENTS

250g butter 500g brown sugar 1/3 pint milk 2 heaped tablespoons flour 1 kg shortcrust pastryServing Size : serves 6 INTRODUCTION

METHOD

1.Using the half fat to flour method (half trex and half stork margarine) make the pastry. Leave to rest in the fridge for half and hour before you use it. Line your pie dish (approx 21cm) and bake blind using greaseproof paper and beans. Once the pastry is cooked set aside. 2.To make the butterscotch filling, in a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the milk and the sugar, stirring until dissolved. Whisk in the flour. As soon as the mixture thickens, reduce the heat. Cook on a very low heat for 1 minute. Poor the mixture into your baked pastry case and allow to cool. Serve with custard or cream.

So is this like the chocolate sponge that you would cover with chocolate custard ???

I'm a little over 21 (cough! cough!) & I've never heard of chocolate concrete! :blink:

Yeah, me too. That's why I asked is it like the chocolate sponge pudding/cake we used to get back in the 60's covered with chocolate custard ??

coz that wuz luvly

I'm a little over 21 (cough! cough!) & I've never heard of chocolate concrete! blink.gif

Yeah, me too. That's why I asked is it like the chocolate sponge pudding/cake we used to get back in the 60's covered with chocolate custard ??

coz that wuz luvly

so am i - but im not lying lol laugh.gif im nearly 22 lol