Thank you

Sarah

Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone for all the messages of support, the text messages emails and facebook replies that i've had. It so comforting to have a great group of people being there and being supportive.

I got a call at 11.30 Tuesday night to say his breathing had gotten worse and that we should go up to be with him. I stayed with him holding his hand until he quietly slipped away at 6.15pm GMT on 24th March. He was in no pain or discomfort and I hope deep down he knew that he wasn't alone. He'd been in hospital since 21st January and the nurses had gotten very attached to him, they came in to say goodbye to him and gave him a kiss, and left in tears. It was so touching, we couldn't have asked for better care than what he received.

We're going to the funeral directors tomorrow moring so will have a date for the funeral then. And then we have to start clearing his flat which is going to be horrendusly difficult. There may be furniture items there such as his undercounter fridge / freezer, washer etc which we will want to go to a good home so I will be getting a list together and putting it up here if anyone is interested in collecting these items. I'll post this seperately though at a later date.

Thank you again to everyone i'll leave you with a pic of me and grandad taken a few weeks ago when he was reading his messages from all his grandchildren on here - this brought a tear to his eye to know that so many people from all over the world were thinking of him.

His ashes will be placed with my Grandma's and on her headstone a very fitting message reads:

"You left a void no one can fill, we miss you now and always will"

I think that sums up exactly how I feel right now.

RIP Grandad I will always love you so very much xxxxxx

gallery_3_3_369626.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Sarah, i have tears running down my face, i'm just glad mikey isn't here or he'd call me a weirdo!...you have all been so strong throughout this and it is a great testament to your grandad, bet he was really proud of you. I'm glad we got to know him, even if it was for such a short time. That message is just beautiful.

Take care, lots of love to you all at such a sad time xxx

So Sorry honey, I couldn't cope for weeks after I lost my grandad, he was a better role model for life than anyone I had ever known, still doing a paperound 2 weeks before he past at 98 years old, mind you they took away his bike after he crashed it in to the vicars car LOL ,

Hugs from me and mine

Terry and Mick plus the four foots