Anyone had laser eye surgery?

Marc

Just thought I would see if anyone on here had been to have laser eye surgery as I am having it done on 10th of April...

Not very much looking forward to the day itself, but looking forward to having no glasses at last

lol sarah

i have not had it but 2 of my mates have now have 20/20 vission and i know how its done i coudl not go through it lol..

But my 2nd mate who had it had different eye surgery he had an incission above his eye and they placed some kinda crystal just infront of the optic nerve and sealed up again afte rit was placed they use a laser with out cutting the lense to the eye and it focuses it according to the adjusting lser brightness from what i can gather and he swears by it.. but he has rich parents and costs a fortune lol.. all right for sum eh :-D

I had it done back in 2002. It's great. No more glasses (except reading glasses). No more fogging up in the winter when I come in from outside. No more getting rain drops on my glasses when coming into work from the parking lot on rainy days. I ended up with 20/15 which is better than 20/20. It's been eight years, and so far so good.

I do know two people that had their vision damaged from the surgery. One moved their head during the zap. The other was an in-experienced doctor, with improper training with the equipment, and over-zapped the patient.

I took three days off from work following the surgery and stayed off the computer. That seemed to help the healing. Eye drops were my friend for almost a year.

My wife was the first one to have it done. That was in 2000. My son had his done in 2003. All together, we spent about $10,000 for all three of us. Insurance did not cover. They've made a lot of improvements in the last few years.

There was no pain, no discomfort, but my vision was very blurry following the surgery. Within a few hours, it started to clear up, and the next day, it was like WOW!!! I had some issues with halos around oncoming car lights and street lights at night. Some people continue to have that problem for a long time. Mine cleared up in about three months.

I took three days off from work following the surgery and stayed off the computer.

wooahhhh he's got to stay OFF the comp laugh.gif he's going to be so bored!

Sounds like it worked great for you Dave :) maybe marc will see a halo round my head ? lol

Have gone for the more expensive treatment so the eye moving issue isnt a problem as it tracks your eyes and moves along with it. It also removes Halo issues etc as they can now map your eye in millions of segments and get pinpoint accuracy on each of the individual points. I am having the mechnical procedure for making the flap in my cornea however the only difference between that and the laser cut is the healing time and the 1k price difference. All in all its costing me just over £2000 to have the procedure, but well worth it.

Best of luck to you. I'm sure you've done your research and you'll be fine. There have been so many advances in this surgery since I had mine done, that it's amazing what they can do now. Here's a tip for you Marc, even if you don't see a halo above Sarah, tell you do anyway.

Will let ya's know how it goes once I have it done ..... Gotta say Im not particularly looking forward to the procedure myself, nor do I like the idea of someone going near my eyes. But kinda figured if you way up the pro's and Cons it gotta be worth it

I think we can all already see a halo around your head Sarah or is it just the sun bouncing off your GINGER hairlaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Nah lol it's the light reflecting off your baldness laugh.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Here's a tip for you Marc, even if you don't see a halo above Sarah, tell you do anyway.

hey!! ohmy.gifhuh.gif cheeky bugger tongue.giflaugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Off to have this done this morning. For anyone who is intersted in having this done I have started a blog on the day and will be getting sarah to update it later on once I get back.

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/index.php?/blog/14/entry-44-laser-eye-treatment-day/