Dog Park map

RobC

We all know by now theres a members map showing where members are located around the world. Would it be a good idea if there were a Dog Park map as well. I think it would be helpful to all of us and newer members to be able to find dog parks easily in our areas or further afield, especially with the summer holidays fast approaching and a lot of us will most likely be travelling around.

Brilliant idea! Anyone know of any near me? Iv been looking since I got my girl last August and still not found anything... actually been looking at beggining with the local vicar as the local comunity church has a nice big enclosed area around the church! Altrhough Im afraid he'll then try to get me to go there and Im NOT a church goer! Im a pray on my own time kind gal!

great idea Rob. . .

Are we talking official council built and sanctioned areas or anywhere that peeps have found and they deem suitable for huskies or just all dogs

maybe we can give them a husky proof rating depending on facilities. . .

fully secure . . .can let huskies off lead

not secure. . .keep on lead

water available. . .?

poo bin available. . ?

Car parking . . .yes/no any local restrictions. . .local residents only etc

what kind of terrain. . .flat field, local forested area , open / closed beach etc

anything anyone else can think of ??

I like it :)

Perhaps it could be an add on to the member map? That way everythings always on one map and we can exactly where people are in relation to the parks, saves flitting between 2 maps :)

Dunno if you'd be able to write something for this Marc? Maybe something like an 'Add a Park' button on the member map??

I like it :)

Perhaps it could be an add on to the member map? That way everythings always on one map and we can exactly where people are in relation to the parks, saves flitting between 2 maps :)

Dunno if you'd be able to write something for this Marc? Maybe something like an 'Add a Park' button on the member map??

If that were to work the marker would have to be of a different color and with a dog park Icon, depending on how many people are in an area it could get confusing with all the information on a map.

Woudl rather keep the member map separate as it is useful for forum admin stuff as well as member uses to have the geographical location of people in one place visually and I think that having other things on there would become confusing. I can def see the benefits of having another map though for dog parks. Could also include walks, dog friendly hotels, caravanning areas that are dog friendly etc altogether with knowledge linking to other places.

Tennis court in the park off Barton Lane in Eccles Aimee think theres about 3 in there fully enclosed..

Oh, god 6 degrees of seperation again!!

After leaving Rochdale I lived in Eccles for about 18 months. My stepdad was the caretaker of the block of flats nearest the church and shopping area. laugh.gif

sorry can't remember I'll look on google maps and post a pic if it's still there. . . it WAS about 37 years ago. . .lollaugh.gif

Ok peeps it was this one. . .just off Regent St. /St. Marys and Fox rd laugh.gif

I was in the Church Choir and I used to ring the Bells. . .

the bells. . .esmarelda. . .the bells. . .laugh.gifbiggrin.gifohmy.gif

Sorrybiggrin.gif

post-1354-1358594995195_thumb.jpg

Jeez we've only got a two up two down where the hell would we keep a whale ??tongue.gif

i cant find these tennis courts!!!!! are they near the b&q????blink.gif

could this be it ??

gallery_1484_407_838004.jpg