Water & Dog Dilemma :)

Mia123

ok so the other day im hanging out at the farm and mia jumps right into the pond and starts playing in it. So i knew right then i would have to give her a bath which is a chore on its own lol. So I get home and head right to the bath tub. Mia seems ok when i put her in and then she gets the water on her and starts howling like crazy lol. So what i dont understand is why is she so upset about the water in the shower but shell jump into ponds and swamps. Anyone else have this problem?

lol yes, micha loves to swim, everyday she is in the canal swimming, every once in a while she will swim in something horrid, so i have to wash her, and she whimpers when i pick her up, cries in the bath and i have to let her hide her head between my legs so i get soaked as well.

mind you she always comes out looking so sparkly white

Ok here's a thought. . .the water in the lake and the canal and the hose you squirt them with in summer and the paddling pool they romp in and out of is COLD water. . . in the bath do you all use WARM/ tepid water. . .although it's obviuosly not hot the warm temperature may be what is unnatural and upsetting for them.

Try it cold if you get the same reaction then it is the bathroom. . . .

or something else just occurred to me

In the lake and the canal they are in control they can swim or wade etc. . .in the bath YOU are controlling them and that may make them nervous.

The lake and canal don't have soap? lol

only the ones in the country clubs. . lol laugh.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif

Thanks everyone....i will definitely try cold water cause i always give her a bath with warm water being that i end up getting a bath with her lol. I think the worst thing thats happened was i went to a dog wash and mia was howling sooooo loud a cop a few washes over was washing his car and he came over and was laughing because he heard her howling he said she sounded like she was being attacked and when he watched her get a bath he just laughed lol....sarah ill definitely look for that shampoo your talking about that might be a lot easier lol

lol our 2 are the same, we have now given up with baths/showersdry.gif

the last bath max had ended with him running through the house covered in mud shaking in the front room covering my freshly painted walls and new sofa little git lol laugh.gif

we now use K9 shampoo wipes, they come in diffrent sizes and are just like wet wipes but bigger and thicker, we keep some in the car for after walks and some in the house and when are 2 see the pack there tails start wagging they seam to really enjoy bathing this way

hope you find something that works for you, we tried a few diffrent things before we settled on K9 wipes, there is also a powder shampoo

good luck