Fia's tummy

Melli776

We have been having problem with Fia stools and her stomach. First she was diagnosed with Giardia, which is an intestinal parasite. That took months to go away. 4 cures of anti biotic and finally the test was clear. But her stool was still very very runny and watery, so our family friend is a vet and he told us her stomach was swollen and irritated from all the medications. He said to give it time and to make sure she eats and drinks well. She was eating well but then all the sudden she started refusing her food :( We decided to change her back to a food we had tried a few months back and she loved it! Stool was perfect, everyone happy! But last night, my boyfriend took her out and it just came flying out of her. So we thought she had eaten something

(once again, she eats everything she sees). This morning again, it was very liquid and then she threw up... :( She had not yet eaten so it was mostly stomach acid. And she kept throwing up... So now I waiting for the vet to open at 9 am to take her to see him. She doesn't want to eat and she is laying at my feet, which she doesnt usually do. Sorry if this includes to many body fluid details but I just wanted everyone to get the whole story if you would have any experience or tips for me. I feel so bad for my poor baby. She is only 5 months and she already hates the vets office.

Thanks for any comments you have

awww poor girl :(

Have you tried starving her for 24 hours? If not try this then give her 4 raw chicken wings her tummy may just need a rest - sibes don't eat the same as other breeds of dogs, they don't tollerate switching foods regular - how long was she on the other food before she started with the runs again?

Hi, Melanie. .

Please follow Sarahs advice. it's unfortunate that you CAN accidentally overfeed your puppy, especially if they already have a dodgy tummy.

Just raw chicken. . .no kibble. . .

kibble takes a LOT longer for the stomach to process and so if she feeds again before the first lot has gone through

her body gets rid of it to accomodate the incoming food. . . result is runny poo.

Good luck

we've all got fingers and paws crossed that she gets better soon.

I should just listen to you guys because that is exactly what the vet told me :) Its probably nothing, she might have eaten or licked something strange. So no food until tomorrow morning and then cooked chicken and rice. I probably should have waited to go to the vet but she has had so many things happen with her tummy that I just didn't want to take the risk. Last time, they had to put her on an IV for 12 hours and that was just horrible. Poor baby. So I am a nervous mommy now :) but what can you do tongue.gif i am just so happy that it was nothing worst. I made her spay appointment for friday in 2 weeks...something else to not look forward to. I just hope we will be done with the weekly vet visits soon.

thanks for all the comments, I should just listen to you, no vet needed biggrin.gif