Noushka escaped today

Lee&Falks

I must have clipped Noushka's lead to the ring on her name tag rather than the one on the collar as whilst walking her and Falmkor this morning she broke free near a busy main road. Usually I would bend down and she just comes back, this time she just ran off towards the road out of sight and went missing.

After two hours of searching for her around all the housing estates and fields I went home to ring Petlog and as I was leaving to look again she just trotted down the street as if nothing had happened. She had been missing two hours.

Just glad I got her back as her tag snapped off when got off so it would have been harder to get her back

It's good that you got her back. These darn Huskies seem to have a sense of when the lead is off or something. It does not take much and in a wink they are off.

Thank god you got her back. . . laugh.gif

Although I'm sure SHE had a wonderful adventure. . . angry.gif

Glad you got her back ok! Its an awful feeling when it happens!

I did this with Loki once, at a SHWA fundraiser I attached the stake out line clip to his keyring by mistake, he took off but ran straight towards me!

Couldn't believe that he did that!

I always double check now!

Sarah x

Oh god, glad you got her back.

Can i just give people an FYI about chasing your dog??? Obviously chasing is a bad idea anyway, but you gotta follow them sometimes...ANYWAY, my point...DO NOT run into the road after your dog, one of the girls at my secondary school did this and got hit by a car, after months of intensive care she was fine, but the dog didn't even get touched, and most dogs will run across the road and not get hit, but people will most likely get hit...

omg ozzy escaped today too angry.gif

he managed to get out of the porch, out of one gate and bezzed right past me through the front gate and into the road, i was screaming at him and absolutely wetting myself as we live on a busy main road sad.gif i just ran after him, nearly getting hit in the process but i managed to grab him.

Glad you got ozzy back too