Husky Defend

yeah123

I don’t know about all huskies but my max did

I always leave the back door open as we have built a large pen for the guys to run and play in

I was taking a nap and an old friend turned up, they let him in the house no problem but when he sneaked up on me and shouted to wake me max went mental at him pulling and growling at his arm.

Even if max knows the person and i hug them or if some1 comes lays on me max is very protective.

Guard dog no defiantly not.

Protective or their owners , yes without a doubt.

I think so .... if they see us as part of the pack, they would. I know if a dog "argues" with Myshka (and she is more than capable of holding her own corner!), Diesel will run over to defend her. He has run at another dog that was getting too close to her & shoved it away, getting between her & it, so I think they would

I hope I never have to find out blink.gif

I think Kaiser would back away, Kimba would, if a dog becomes agressive near him he sits right by my side and doesnt move - whether he's being protective or being a scaredy cat i dunno laugh.gif

Welcome to the pack by the way :) Look forward to seeing you around :up:

thx for answers

i will probably buy one husky i readed of them a lot on lots of forums and i will be on this forum long :P

sorry for bad english

thanks for posting the question, it's got us thinking! Your English is fine, don't worry about that :D

welcome to the pack, we look forward to having you around for a long time & helping you with any questions you may have, xx

They say that they wont.. bu my uncle in arizona has three and someone was trying to brake into his jeep and they went crazy trying to get out and get the intruder. Now my mail klutch is very protective. He got it from his dad.. their was a verizon maintanence worker walking in the breeze way behind my house and he went crazy at the fence.. and he is very alurt.

But to be honest.. any animal, if you are under attack.. they can sence your fear, and will feed off of that.. they dont think... they just react. So my beliefe is YES they will protect you. I have never been in a situation to find it out, but im sure mine would to.....

In light of your other thread about teaching your husky to growl or be aggressive on command, it is best that you are aware that Siberians should NOT have an aggressive bone in their body and you should never buy a Siberian expecting them to protect you or defend you. Many examples people give of their dogs "defending" or "protecting" them are actually examples of the dog defending themselves, displaying unwanted aggressive behaviour, or acting possessively which is very different to protecting someone.

In light of your other thread about teaching your husky to growl or be aggressive on command, it is best that you are aware that Siberians should NOT have an aggressive bone in their body and you should never buy a Siberian expecting them to protect you or defend you. Many examples people give of their dogs "defending" or "protecting" them are actually examples of the dog defending themselves, displaying unwanted aggressive behaviour, or acting possessively which is very different to protecting someone.

Your comment was very educational, i admire your opinion. I appreciate a good intuitive statement.

and i THINK i added to rep.bananen_smilies075.gif

my 2 mix breeds are much more protective than my sibes...but all my dogs dont like when strangers startle them.....and they all bark and alert me of people coming or a leaf blowing by......i dont want mean dogs i have a big family and company all the time...besides i got my glock for protection!!!

If you need a guard dog dog buy one a husky wont do the job for you blink.gif

Hear hear. . . +1

So true, so true.

I would say that I'm ready to defend my owner tho, but never been learned to do so, and never will be. Kinda did learn this in dog park where we go almost every day. Social skills don't come easily, so would suggest everyone to try to visit dog-parks as much as possible.

I have lots of good dog friends there, tiny & huge and al between, and I'm always ready to "defend" my friends if some not known, or new with "our" park, dog gets too interested or too aggressive towards my friends there. I never act aggressively at start tho, just place my self between my friend and that too keen or aggressive dog. 99,9% that does the trick and don't need to do anything else.