Kia Needs a Holiday Home.

Winks

Hi

I am going on my holiday in the summer and Kia will need somewhere to stay can anyone recomend a good Holiday Home/Hotel or Kennel ?

I live in Buckinghamshire.

Many Thanks

Hey hun, If you didnt live that far way i would have happily have looked after Kia for you. Ill ask my grandad which is the one he uses down there for you.

Stacy and Laika xx

We've used kennels before and the dogs always come out stinking to high heaven.

This could be a great idea if it were practical.

There would need to be some Standard rules that we could all follow.

So that everyone knows what is expected from both parties.

Stuff like. . .

making sure the incoming dogs have medical insurance. (just in case)

Food provided, or reimbursed for. . .

Any special dietary needs or requirements.

Spayed/ Neutered or not. . .(coz neither party would want unexpected puppies.)

Travel costs if the dog has to picked up or returned.

Even taking the above into account it would still be cheaper than kennels,

Which tend to run to about £400+ for two weeks.

Feel free to add or amend . . . biggrin.gif

agree andy - i think maybe a few meets before hand as well would be good to ensure all the dogs got on ok

also - crates - i'd think peeps would have to take their own?

Can we add husbands into this? Anyone want to board my hubby for 2 weeks?? :D

Hey Sarah, After meeting Marc today i'm sure i could just tolerate him .... in a crate.... in the backyard... lol.

I think its a great idea. My home is an open door to any husky permitting they are good with children and great with other dogs. I hate kennels I go mad at my mum and grandad for doing it because you can never trust whats going to happen. After what happened to Tikanni last year Parvo now is my biggest fear and you never know if another dog could poss be carrying it and not yet infected.

Can i please add to your list Andy that if a person agrees to do this then they must actually have the time to spend with the dogs and not going to be rushed off their feet with the extra responsibilty as it is extremely unfair and cruel. I know some people may say but its only a dog but I disagree they are so much more and just need the same amount of love care attention and exercise.

Stacy & Laika xxx

If I ever had to leave my dogs in kennels they would definately be booked in at Amanda Palmers.

She has excellent husky knowledge, and although I have never used her myself I know alot of people who have and always good comments.

Osborne Place Boarding Kennels in Cambridgshire

Sarah x

If I ever had to leave my dogs in kennels they would definately be booked in at Amanda Palmers.

She has excellent husky knowledge, and although I have never used her myself I know alot of people who have and always good comments.

Osborne Place Boarding Kennels in Cambridgshire

Sarah x

Definitely second that! Fred and Amanda Palmer have had huskies for many years and know the breed inside out. Amanda used to run the SHCGB Welfare before Sue Jones took over.

http://www.boardingkennels.org/details/kennels.php?recordID=3047

Mick

Definitely second that! Fred and Amanda Palmer have had huskies for many years and know the breed inside out. Amanda used to run the SHCGB Welfare before Sue Jones took over.

http://www.boardingk...p?recordID=3047

Mick

I'll third that as well, we used them last year when we went away for a week...and Amanda was brilliant, so patient with me and my dumb questions (we had never used kennels before and were both worried and didn't know how she would be as she is a big baby!) She really reassured me and the fact she has soo many years husky experience just made me feel a lot better! And Eika was fab when we picked her up, so happy and bubbly and she looked fantastic! And price wise, it's very reasonable, i think it was £40 for the 5 days...