Dog Whisperer

Wizadora

hmm - ok first off - he's brave takin 3 sibes on skates lol

is the woman going to skate with them though? if not then she didnt learn too much from him unless he told her more when the cameras werent rolling?

Im going to watch this when i get home properly as cant hear it on works comp. But why have 3 dogs you can't control or walk in 1st place.. there is prob more to it im just going on 1st impressions. Feel free to correct me on this lol. 1 is enough work 2 is entertaing 3 is suicide if you cant cope with 2 lol.. I look forwardto seeing this properly...

I've watched dog whipserer, many times and mostly have nothing but praise for the way he deals with problem dogs. . .

However. . .

He didn't sort this womans problem at all!!!

The dogs drag the woman down the street.

He tried to "calm" them down before starting off. . .it was obvious that didn't work

So then Ceasar gave them a good run pulling him on his skates. . .so. . .

After they had had a good run were tired and a lot more compliant he was able to get them to "walk" nicely.

MY dogs walk nicely after they have had a good run around and have tired themselves out. . .

But at the beginning they would pull for england. (if they wern't in Halti head collars that is)

All he did was tire them out. . .

Cheat!!angry.gif

Brave man to do it on rollerskates!! lol

and. . .what about the dog walking ?? laugh.gifbiggrin.gifrolleyes.gif

What strikes me is what if a car comes round the corner when you're skating with 3 huskies, did they shut the road off or what lol!!

As Andy said earlier, ours walk fine after they've had a run, at the beginning its pull, pull, pull and don't get me started on if they see a cat, then the shoulders go down and you realise just how strong they are laugh.gif

Ya most dogs walk good after being ran like that!! All he did was give them a good runn then did the walking, smile.gif I'm hopeing she learned something, She doesnt have to take all 3 at once on rollerblades or a bike, she can do 1 at a time then, after walk all 3 together, I think anyone of us could have got paid to show that ladie the same thing!!.....lol....;.just my opinion

I've watched dog whipserer, many times and mostly have nothing but praise for the way he deals with problem dogs. . .

However. . .

He didn't sort this womans problem at all!!!

The dogs drag the woman down the street.

He tried to "calm" them down before starting off. . .it was obvious that didn't work

So then Ceasar gave them a good run pulling him on his skates. . .so. . .

After they had had a good run were tired and a lot more compliant he was able to get them to "walk" nicely.

MY dogs walk nicely after they have had a good run around and have tired themselves out. . .

But at the beginning they would pull for england. (if they wern't in Halti head collars that is)

All he did was tire them out. . .

Cheat!!angry.gif

He did say that they were in "Husky" mode (wanting to pull), not just a regular dog mode, so he went rollerblading with them to tire them out. While not rocket science, it's not cheating either.

All I can say is very heavily edited to make it look in his favour!

3 huskies running on collars with no prior teaching of commands I know with complete confidence he was on his ass like a shot the first time he tried that! He taught her nothing, there was no taking them out one at a time and actually teaching them leash manners like he should have taught her it was all quick fix and as for them being in "Husky mode"??? DURGH! Thats because they are HUSKIES! Huskies dont do "Dog mode" as he puts it! My girl is very very well behaved and even she has her "deaf" moments!

Really not my favourite person as you can probably tell lol! I much prefer Victoria Stilwell and even her show if you know anything about dogs you can tell when they've edited sumthing to make her look better.

and as for them being in "Husky mode"??? DURGH! Thats because they are HUSKIES! Huskies dont do "Dog mode"

Couldn't have put it better myself. . .laugh.gif

All I can say is very heavily edited to make it look in his favour!

3 huskies running on collars with no prior teaching of commands I know with complete confidence he was on his ass like a shot the first time he tried that! He taught her nothing, there was no taking them out one at a time and actually teaching them leash manners like he should have taught her it was all quick fix and as for them being in "Husky mode"??? DURGH! Thats because they are HUSKIES! Huskies dont do "Dog mode" as he puts it! My girl is very very well behaved and even she has her "deaf" moments!

Really not my favourite person as you can probably tell lol! I much prefer Victoria Stilwell and even her show if you know anything about dogs you can tell when they've edited sumthing to make her look better.

I agree with you that it was edited for time constraints, what show isn't, but I disagree about "Dog Mode". Give a husky plenty of exercise, and it'll go into a normal dog mode. That was what he was meaning.

And I don't know if he busted his ass on the rollerblades or not, he may have, he may not have. I wouldn't assume he did, since he's been doing that for quite a long time. Also, when huskies run in a pack, they tend to run the same direction, it's not like they scatter like cockroaches.

Yeah, I think he just tired them out first on the blades and then took them for a quiet walk.

I'm sure we've all experienced that huskies are much more calm and less excited on the way home!!

I enjoyed it though 'cause you rarely see huskies on his show.

As for Cesar I think he's pretty cool. You can learn stuff from watching his shows & I think it helps as you've "got to be" your huskys pack leader.

I went to see one of his seminars in the UK.

I thought I was going to learn heaps and be able to go home & apply what he said...

But he didn't teach anything apart from telling you to be aware of your energy & what you are projecting to your animal, as they read your state of mind.

It was still good though.

I think you've got to pick the bones out of what he says & apply what you can, but I do think huskies are to different to your average dog and require much more work!! wink.gif

My 2 cents worth...

By the way I've also learned heaps just from reading these threads!!