PLEASE READ

Kells xx

cross posted

THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW THIS!!Last night at agility class, a vet, who is a fellow agility student was telling us about a case she had this week. The dog ate a child's teddy bear and was very sick. When she opened the dog up to remove what she thought was an intestinal obstruction she found a huge gelatin type mess inside and the dogs intestines were black and the tissue dead. The dog will die no surgery can fix him up there was no living intestine left from stomach to colon.

This was not an obstruction. .... so she called the manufacturer of the Teddy Bear on a quest to find out what the gel was and what killed the dog. Turns out the stuffing in children's toys contains ingredients for flame retardants and mite control! It is designed to be come a gel. It is highly toxic. Now you would think a child's toy would be safe because it is for children, but they don't expect a child to eat the stuffing of the toys... huummmm that seems a bit scary too. But we all know dogs demolish stuffed toys.

So do not give or buy your dog any children's stuffed animals... some people get them at goodwill etc. The vet will be posting a warning and story and I will send any other facts as needed and as I learn more. Maybe some children's toys do not have this ingredient, but better to be safe then sorry. So meanwhile, make sure all your dog toys are for dogs. Please pass this on... it is a horrible death she described and one that can be avoided

I have seen this before, and it terrifies me, Kira has had kids teddies since she was small, and has ripped and pulled the stuffing out off all of them except one sad.gif

She doesnt normally eat it but what if she has sad.gif

Thankyou for the info. Please be aware however cross posting is not allowed as per the rules, however have not removed due to the information it contains as its quite important. Have added as quote :)

oh god i gave suki all my girls old toys especially the newborn ones some of which r teddys she like some others does rip them apart but unlike the others she does eat some those who have met suki know she will eat anything and never stops thanks 4 the info

Read this on another site....

This is scary..My girls love to tear apart stuffed toy's...Think I will give them Trev's old workshirt's now

Hmmmm...If I say KILL at the same time..will it work..lollaugh.gif

Lol. . . only if he's wearing it at the time. . .rolleyes.gif

Wow, thanks for posting that. I don't have anything like that but one day I am sure I would have gotten some when we have a baby. Now I know better.

Lakota chews anything we are always watching after him trying to make sure he chews nothing but his own toys and bones. He grabbed a T-shirt and ran into his crate this morning and chews on sticks and rocks. Can't wait to get out of the puppy stage.