New car must be dog friendly !!!!

instant-classic

Ok well it's time for a car change, so here's the question whats dog friendly ??? now i have a impreza WRX estate but there's a big lip under the hatch at the back so not easy to get dogs in or out. You have to lift him in. I would like something that opens flat into the boot ........ does that make sense ?? any ideas ?? don't really want to go the big 4x4 route. Its not just for the dog i tend to carry a lot for work too and it would just be easier to slide stuff right into the back rather than lift it over and in. I'm not sure how much sense i'm making here but i'll see what replies you guys give biggrin.gif

I got a citroen Xsara estate. . not the people carrier version. . boot open flat, Koda who is 18 weeks jumps in easy

Enough room with standard boot for 2 full grown huskies. drop the back seats down enough for 2 cratessmile.gif

Well at first I was like "Leather seats, it gotta have leather seats"

dc1.jpg

But then I kinda found it was little slippy for our K9 Companions ... But we still need comfort right?

dc2.jpg

But then I guess there's the saftey element .......... Seatbelts gotta be a must.

dc3.jpg

But then who wants a seatbelt when ya cant be the driver ...

dc4.jpg

Oooo hang on a min .... Need to change the K9 Companion for something a little more suitable.

dc5.jpg

So in all honesty, I cant see this pic very well, but I'd have a guess that Sibes do just well driving an SUV .... Not sure on the insurance though

Thanks for the input guys, i don't really fancy a van to be honest, I may have to look at 4x4's again though, i had a pajero before but it was short wheel base and didn't have that much room for a big car, I will deffo have a look at freelanders, Rav4 and navaras now plus that X-type estate. The poser in me fancys a Jaaaaaaaaag. It's good to have an idea what i'm looking for before walking around asking if i can open the boot then saying naaaaaah no good lol

Marc your a genius hahaha

Ha Ha - we have got some very funny people on here, really has made me cheer up.

Good post - just what I've been wanting some advice on - we're after a dog friendly car. Thinking about a Suzuki? My work collegue has 2 border collies in the back of hers. I'm all for eco-friendly cars so the 4x4 are a bit off-putting unless you guys know differently?