Car crashes

Sarah

After a few insults lol in the chat room tonight, decided to see if i'm the worst driver here................NO snidey comments please dunc / marc / brains / sparks / andy tongue.gif

I've been driving for 12 years, wrote off 2 cars - had erm.................5 crashes (on top of writing 2 cars off) 2 weren't my fault and one of the cars i wrote off i wasn't even in the car at the time - a tractor took the side of the car off whilst i was working in a school.

so please - someone put me out of my misery lol

erm ... nope, sorry, I have been driving 13 years, I have had a motorbike overtake a bus & smash into my driver's door & window (his fault & he kept turning up at my house days later to make sure we were OK) and 3 yrs ago, a woman claimed I ran into the back of her when she slammed on. I came to rest behind her, next thing I know, I'm being sued for whiplash, back injuries, damage to the steel boot liner (even though there were no contact marks on either car!) & it took 2 yrs to get to court where the judge threw her case out!

I will have been driving 10 years come September and i have had 1 crash where my car should have been written off (in my opinion) which was a roundabout in Liverpool's fault, not mine...it has a give way ON the roundabout, so you have to let people come on, well i missed it and a guy slammed into the side of me. Airbags came out, suspension broke etc etc (like i say, should have been written off!) anyway, an ambulance, 3 fire engines, a police van, police bike and 4 police cars showed up (most sent away again!) everyone was checked by the ambulance, everyone was fine...a month later i get a letter from their solicitor saying they're suing me (a then 16 year old) as they have whiplash etc...luckily i just sent it to my insurance company and i don't know what happened! What really annoyed me was it was on quite a busy road and people were driving around the other car, the guy left his wife and son in the car...and i said to him look can you get them out, i'm worried they'll get hurt if someone hits in to the back of you...so he gets his wife out and leaves the kid...then i say look please get your child out the car, so his wife goes and sits back in the car...i left it after that.

I have also hit into the back of one person where i bent my bumper, that wasn't too bad just needed to replace the bumper! and someone has hit into the back of me, but no damage done!

so 3 in 10 years, 1 bad, 1 not so bad and 1 no damage!

I've only been driving since 2006....not had any crashes yet but quite a few near misses- usually on roundabouts when idiots dont give way to the right!!!!!! angry.gifangry.gifangry.gif they make me sooooooooooo angry!!!!!!

i have had quite abit of damage done to my poor car though sad.gif my wing mirror has been kicked off whilst parked at work (used to work nights at a care home)...i have had someone reverse into my passenger wing...oh the list could go on and on lol...luckily or me Ian used to be a mechanic many moons ago so he services/ repairs my car when needed...he also washed it weekly for me too :)

x x x

I've had two crashes, one three years ago where I hit somone on a roundabout (she stopped on a roundabout and i thought she had cleared me) and one on saturday where I wrapped my car round a tree (Hidden flood, no signs up got sucked in and spat out the other side). Dont know if saturdays accident has written of my car yet. The first accident caused the front of my KA to crumple up. Had to have a bumper and a wing replaced.

Emm been driving for 7 years I think, In that time just the two big accidents that have needed insurance claims....And a few minor ones where I may have knocked other cars that happened to be stationarry....Oh just had a wheel replaced as a curb jumped out and hit my car. :D

Have had a few accidents since I started driving. mostly minor when I first started to drive with 1 major back then. Later on extremely few including aquaplaning on tyres specially designed to stop that lol. Bloody Michelin MXT's... 1 accident where my car was written off because of a driver pulling out a fuel station without looking and straight into my path, Not my fault, but Essex police told all the witness's it was my fault, "bunch of Bankers they are" that was 4 years ago and was the last accident I had. Loads of near miss's, mainly people on roundabouts not looking when they pull out (won't generalise on the sex of most of these drivers ;) or age in some cases) Worst two of those was One where I was driving a minibus full of people along the A12 at around 11 pm and I got overtaken by somebody who then cut me up on a pretty much empty straight of road must have missed the front end of the van by about 3 foot suddenly they noticed a jacknifed truck on a slip road so they slammed on the brakes so they could rubberneck. when she overtook me we were almost on top of the sliproad so it wasn't as if she braked to avoid the accident. I have no idea on how I managed to avoid slamming into her, but needless to say the air was blue and somehow she heard me swearing lol. And trhe other one was on the A12/A14 junction where an old boy wanted to go onto the A12 and wasn't in the right lane, he'd come up along side of me and went to side swip the car forcing me to swerve on the slip road off the A14 to the A12. What got me was that him and his wife were swearing at me and they were the ones that were in the wrong lane. On that occasion I was lucky there wasn't a lorry coming along that slip road from Felixstowe or else I'd have been dead.

I started driving in 1995 (wow make me feel old) i no longer drive for other peoples safety

Reversing has always been my downfall

Took off bumper trying to park in town(a few times) , lorry blocked road was asked to reverse hit car behind me as i put my foot down a bit too hard all damage was on his lovely little sports car oops.

Parking meters chase me when I'm not looking and hit my back end but i found a good scrappy down the road with sense of humour and was happy to supply me with new boots and bumpers for a few years.

Animals and Lorries being my only other problem when driving

Hubby told me not to swerve if an animal runs out in the road, well a few retrievals from ditches, swerving into oncoming traffic hitting another car head on (totally my fault) at least he was going slow, that put me off driving for few months

Then there is lorries don’t know why they scare me when I'm driving but they do, hubby came with me to go shopping, going down back roads to get to A14 hubby starts screaming like a girl when he realises when a lorry overtakes i just close my eyes( honestly did not realise i was doing it )

The final straw

A monk jack ran into the road and just stopped in front of me on a small bridge i was doing 60 tried to swerve forgetting i had breaks at this point, i hit the edge of the bridge wall that then flips my car in the air onto its roof spinning me and my friend 6 times taking chunks out of the road as we spin it then settles on its roof just spinning round.

This car was my pride and joy i restored it and had a custom paint job and truly loved it, Peugeot 205 GTI in cherry red, it had the flippy seat to let people in the back

When the car started to spin the seat flipped forward pinning me to the steering wheel and the pressure of the car landing on the roof after each complete spin squished me in there good and proper. I have no idea how i got out and police said i was very lucky to be alive

Other than killing my poor car i did allot of damage to the road it can still be seen as we use the road once a week, also damaged 100 year old bridge, and police kindly informed me there is a 60ft drop the other side of the bridge and its very deep and had i of gone over i would of been dead.

I have never driven sincesad.gif

OH my god Jay, no wonder you are terrified of driving, that last story would have put me off going in a car ever....in fact the head on would have put a stop to that as well...SHIT...omg...yeah i don't blame you for not driving anymore.

I am so sorry but that is soooooooooo funny (I do have a warped sense of humour!) laugh.gif

Once i was over the shock of the crash and the fact i killed my poor little car ya i saw the funny side of it and we all still joke about it

Hubby said i should have quit after the head on since i lack concentration when driving (bores me silly)

But the rest of family brought me a new car and said just go for a drive by yourself and was not as bad as i thought it would be, just stopped driving on motorways and stuck to country roads( more things run into road on country roads = puggy is gone )

Would like to point out no1 other than me was hurt in any of my crashes (including animals) i just had few broken rips chunks of windscreen in head and face and rest was bruising and my passenger although we no longer speak lol she was fine not a cut or bruise anywhere

But on a good point hubby suggested this week i should get a motorbike so I'm looking into it ohmy.gif

oh jesus.....are you sure it's not someone's way of telling you to stay on public transport????? glad you're ok, i'd be terrified if that had happened to me....

i've been driving for 2 years and have only had one crash and that was when it was snowing in lancaster and i lived in the hills and i drove literally 2meters from my house and the whole of the rover 400 turned on it's side in the ice and went straight into a clio......got the car fixed and then part ex'd it as didnt want to drive it again!!!!

Ia hing drivng lesns in 19** loli was ong real well, ready for my test. I was buzzin even had my mini ready for when i passed.

Then i trusted a man yes a man to give me some extra lessons big mistake. Driving along fine for about an hour, i turn a corner onto a smallish road all was fine, car's parked all along one side other cars comin the other way and all's well, untill this stupied kid about 11/12 came out from between two parked cars on a bike.

Yes you guessed it i got him.

Bare in mind it was a small road with not alot of room, and it was getting dark. The kid never had any lights on hs bike.

The man i was with started shouting brake,well i hit the wrong peddle, i hit the decelerator an got him. I trapped him between the car i was driving (not my mini) and a parked car.

Men from the other car's parked up they had to lift our car to move it and get the kid out, our front wing was shout, the parked car had a lovely dint and the kids bike was in half. The kid well his leg got crushed bewteen the cars, he had a huge dint in it, no way was he ever going to walk without a limp.

Any way the police came and an ambulance but the lid was no where to be seen, he could not walk but did have two mates with him, they must have helped him get away.

In the police car i gave a statment whilst laughing oppps luckily the policemen understood, i'm one of them that laughs when nervous.

Any way i never heared a thing about it, no action was ever taken except i divorced the man i was with lol.

Now i'm ready to take to the road again so watch out xxxxxx

A couple years ago I wrecked two vehicles (by hitting deer) in six days. When I reported the first hit, the police informed my insurance company without coming to the scene. The second time I called they sent an officer to the scene....I think just to be sure I wasn't bull-sh*tting them!

When I called my husband, after the second hit - he thought I was joking. but NOPE - just totaled out my favorite car....(Said he wasn't going to let me drive at dusk or dawn anymore. I said fine "Be up at 5:30 to take me to work (45 miles one way) and be back at 5 to pick me up He got me another car!)

I dont drive sad.gif failed my test laugh.gif

BUT... before you all start...

It WASNT my fault!!!

I was failed because I wouldnt overtake a cyclist and there were some cars behind me rolleyes.gif Ok, fair enough, I would have overtaken him, BUT

He was swerving quite badly, AND we were on blind bends with double white lines!! Everytime I thought about overtaking a car came around the corner!! So really, I was right not to angry.gif

And yes, the examiner was a man rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

Here goes

I crashed my car into a caravan I was staying in nearly causing it to tip over with everyone still in bed

I crashed on a roundabout in Holland causing a man to be knocked off his motorbike (he was okay)

Best one,

I wrote off my father-in-law's car when I parked it outside my house and left the handbrake off. It rolled down a hill about 150 meters and through the back of a garage :blink: