Just done some biking with Shura lol xx

Shura100

Hey, Cas

Sorry to rain on your parade but. . .

I think you were really lucky.

Riding with ANY kind of dog (let alone a husky) holding the lead in your hand is REALLY dangerous.

If the dog sees anything interesting they can pull out of your hand in an instant.

Also they will probably cause you to crash your bike, as the initial pull to get away will drag your handelbars around

causing your bike to flip. With you on it.

You will be tangled up with your bike with possible injuries and your Husky will be heading away after whatever got its attention.

I f you want to ride with your Husky beside you get either :-

A walkyDog or Springer attachment attached to a Harness.

or one of the bike pulling kits.

I'm not having a pop at you I just want you to be safe.

Daves got a bike i want to get the attachment for it, so he can ride with the dogs but not sure what attachment i need xxx

Hey, Linda and Cas

Check out here for the WalkyDog. . (Which I have to run Echo and soon Koda)

http://www.walky.co....-dog-range.html

or here for the Springer (similar principle but different mechanics)

http://www.springer-uk.com/

Hope this helps. biggrin.gif

Thanks Andy oh and don't tell Dave i'm getting him one lol not told him yet xxx

DAVE. . . . DAVE. . (damn where's the PM button on this thing) biggrin.giflaugh.gifrolleyes.gif

good links andy added to rep :up:

I'd seriously advise having something more secure for your own safety and shura's hun

I wouldn't run her once a day - you need to think about what the weather's like - don't run her if it's over 14 degrees c she will overheat way too quick. Also, start off with a few smaller runs and build her up gradually :)

Make sure you get someone to take some vids :D :D

I shall get the attachments once i get my bike lol i was trying it on a friends bike around the estate xx But she loved it we've hosed her down today as it was hot and we were outside alot with them xx thank you for the links. will see which one will be best when i get my bike lol xx

Wow I just went on a short bike ride with Shura and it was amazing didnt attach her just held the lead in my hand and she was so good and she loved it! Im hopefully getting a bike for my birthday and im gna go on it everyday with her. Might help me lose wieght lol xx

Lol, you reminded me of when I had to take my son to A & E, I saw a friend of mine there he had taken his husky for a bike ride on a lead and well lets just say that the dog decided to do it's own thing.... he came off the bike and injured his shoulder! be careful & get the right attachments lol x