A lot going on lately.

lexas

Well I found out today that my grandmother has been diagnosed with Lymphoma. She had a breast cancer years ago and now this cancer. She will be 81 years old tomorrow. Please keep her in your prayers. I have never ever wanted or thought her life might end painfully but there still may be hope she can pull through. It's all in God's hands now.

Thanks guys.

hi, i am so sorry to hear this.

i must say tho cancer can be treated these days, i know this because last year my cousin was diagnosed with, lung, liver and testicular cancer.  

and i cant believe this but last week he was told he is now in remission, so i hope the same happens for you.....

will be thinking of you and your family

hi, i am so sorry to hear this.

i must say tho cancer can be treated these days, i know this because last year my cousin was diagnosed with, lung, liver and testicular cancer.

and i cant believe this but last week he was told he is now in remission, so i hope the same happens for you.....

will be thinking of you and your family

Yea it can be treated your right. But at 81 years old and she has demetia (sp?) and my uncles are not sure to tell her or not because they think she can't handle it or wont understand it. I think they should tell her though. I think she has a right to know although I do understand where they are coming from.

I know she has said to me several times in the last 10 years that she is ready to go but it is still so sad. They are the only set of grandparents I have and I love them dearly. I just wish there was a way I could be near them right now. I feel helpless sitting here in another state and no way to go but apparently her kids, my uncle say there is no reason to come visit. What?? No reason? I think they want everyone to wait till she passes.. why? Does the family that has to travel have no right to see her before she goes? Am I being selfish to want to see her one last time? Not sure I could right away anyhow with my husband's work schedual. Guess I have to wait it out.

Yea it can be treated your right. But at 81 years old and she has demetia (sp?) and my uncles are not sure to tell her or not because they think she can't handle it or wont understand it. I think they should tell her though. I think she has a right to know although I do understand where they are coming from.

I know she has said to me several times in the last 10 years that she is ready to go but it is still so sad. They are the only set of grandparents I have and I love them dearly. I just wish there was a way I could be near them right now. I feel helpless sitting here in another state and no way to go but apparently her kids, my uncle say there is no reason to come visit. What?? No reason? I think they want everyone to wait till she passes.. why? Does the family that has to travel have no right to see her before she goes? Am I being selfish to want to see her one last time? Not sure I could right away anyhow with my husband's work schedual. Guess I have to wait it out.

to be honest with you, i think ur uncle is being the selfish 1 not u. how can he say that there is no reason to visit, it is very clear that u love her and you have the right to see her.

i know exactly how you are feeling, like there is nothing you can do, but i believe just u being there with her will help, your grandmother will need her loved ones around her at this time.

i hope ur uncle see's that not letting you see her is wrong and that you can find a way to travel to her...

No matter if you're in a different state or a different country, if you want to see her, that is your choice & your uncle should be glad you care so much .... Medicines have come so far especially cancer treatments.

Whether she would understand what is wrong if you told her (with her dementia) is another matter, but you have to do what you feel is right, thoughts & prayers to you & your family, especially your Grandmother, I wish I still had mine around, xxxx

oh hun i'm so sorry :(

If you want to go and see her, then you go - if you don't, you will regret it - I never got to say goodbye to my grandma and i wish so much that i could have just one more visit :(

You in my thoughts and prayers hun, I lost my grandad a few weeks ago, he was my last remaining grandparent, they are so precious x