can you put our minds at rest pls .........

Tamz

hey peeps

for those of you that have met shiloh can you pls put our minds at rest...we have been bickering about this for a while now angry.gif

do you think shiloh looks like a cross or full husky? at the heaton park meet someone said to ian that he looks like he has staffy in him and we have been arguing about it since.....

he hasnt got papers as his mum wasnt registered...we saw both mum and dad when we got him and as far as i was concerend his mum was a husky- we saw his dads papers.....

ian seems to think that he doesnt look like a full husky...he thinks his ears are too big and compares him to other pups all the time and constantly says he isnt like them e.g not as stocky....face doesnt look like husky really etc etc

its bugging me big time now as i think he looks like one as in my eyes he is sad.gif

the owners that breed the huskies wanted me to keep in touch once we took him home...i have had 1 email off her and now whenever i send her pics of shiloh i get nothing back which is another reason ian thinks summat aint right

please can you tell me what you think? if you think he is full husky or a cross.....pls be honest as we need to know x x x x

He looks fine to me. . .

Check out Lakota. owned by Lakotasmum.

gallery_1484_407_66641.jpg

He's 4 months old and has ears like a BAT !!! biggrin.gif

Sibes come in all shapes and sizes.

some the size of small trucks and others svelte and skinny.

Don't worry

Just give 'em all your love.tongue.gif

he certainly looks full husky to me - at a certain age huskies ears look MASSIVE - they grow into them blaze was around the same age and his ears were MASSIVE heres a few pics - also like people (unless ur identical twins or summin) no1 looks exactly the same - sum r skinny sum r stocky sum are tall sum are short ect take sarahs kimba and blaze for example - kimba is taller than blaze but blaze is stockier than kimba

4 and a half months

n714381680_1874911_9694.jpg

n714381680_1874909_9044.jpg

n714381680_1835148_8776.jpg

Looks full husky to me too. Even if he is crossed, doesn't matter, my giant isn't totally full blooded. His mom was full husky and his dad is half husky and half soemthing else. Yes I do know what the something else is but i was told not to spread it around. O.o Donno if i should say on the site.

Huskys go through growing stages they dont grow all at once and stay in proportion sakari a spupp and pics above go through phases where teh ears grow then the body catches up then the head not in that order just an example looks full husky to me also then eventualy they even out lol.

Do not worrie what general public say if some 1 has no experience they will go on opinion which does not make for experience great looking husky :-)

awwh what a cutie he was smile.gif i keep saying this to him but you know what men are like- once they get an idea in their heads........he has made me like this though..i was fine until sat night...we had a bbq and the drinks were flowing..we got into a huge debate and now im not too sure!!

ARRGHHHHH angry.gifangry.gif

i also keep saying all dogs are different- no 2 huskies look the same....i think shiloh having brown eyes makes all the difference, maybe if he did have blue eyes he may lok more husky?? oh i jst dont know

lmao x x

Looks full husky to me too. Even if he is crossed, doesn't matter, my giant isn't totally full blooded. His mom was full husky and his dad is half husky and half soemthing else. Yes I do know what the something else is but i was told not to spread it around. O.o Donno if i should say on the site.

lmao...i know all about it huni wink.gif x x x

show him this thread it might help

i will do but doubt he be any different lol....he is a stubborn bugger!! at the meets we have been on we dont even see shiloh for people pinching him saying how much they love him etc...even that hasnt changed his mind.....he is stressing as he thinks we've been had off...we paid alot of money for him for what he now thinks aint even real x x

michas ears looked huge when she was growing, their bodies parts grow at different rates at one point micha looked like she had 1/2 sized legs. and i used to worry about her being a white gsd, but in the end it doesnt bother me because we love her

He looks like a purebred husky to me. According to the breed standard, huskies ears should be:

Medium size, relatively close together, triangular in shape, the height slightly greater than width at base. Set high on head, strongly erect, the inner edges being quite close together at the base, when the dog is at attention carried practically parallel. Slightly arched at the back. Thick, well-furred outside and inside, tips slightly rounded.

IMG_3048-1.jpg

Having said that, probably the majority of the breeders here in the UK don't really breed to the standard. Too many of them either don't know enough about the breed to balance up characteristics of dog and bitch, or don't care and are breeding simply for the money. Others are only into Siberians as a racing dog and would regard factors such as ear size as merely cosmetic, so disregard this in their breeding decisions. As a result, you don't need to crossbreed to get big ears. There are plenty of big-eared Sibes around without crossing.Luckily, most sibes grow into their ears as they get older so I wouldn't worry too much.

Mick