Walking Belt Alternative

jelharou

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this but I have found my new backpack to be a great alternate to a walking belt. You can simply close the waistbelt through your lead handle. This is a cheaper alternative (assuming you already have a backpack/rucksack as they are called in the uk) and can provide you with even more support. It distributes the force over your entire upper body and give you the same hands free control. And you can use it to store your shopping biggrin.gif

hey, Jaafar.

Can you post a link to it from amazon or snowpaws or wherever you got it from.

Sounds interesting. . .when we take da doggies out we have to take water bowls n bottles and poop bags

n treats etc. So a rucksack that helps control them as well, sounds good.

Thanks

I was thinking for myself when I take nooks for a walk is getting a paintball assault vest and then modifying it with a couple of D rings to attach a walk lead onto it. been looking at a Viper South African Tactical Assault Vest. It's got loads of pockets to store bags, treats and water bottles as well as a backpack area to store a water bowl, also it has some straps on the side of the pack at the back to attach an anchor spike and the lead on the other side. I picked up one from a car boot but the previous owner had cut the shoulder straps off so it doesn't sit right.

I was thinking for myself when I take nooks for a walk is getting a paintball assault vest and then modifying it with a couple of D rings to attach a walk lead onto it. been looking at a Viper South African Tactical Assault Vest. It's got loads of pockets to store bags, treats and water bottles as well as a backpack area to store a water bowl, also it has some straps on the side of the pack at the back to attach an anchor spike and the lead on the other side. I picked up one from a car boot but the previous owner had cut the shoulder straps off so it doesn't sit right.

Hell yes get it in black. . .some GSG9's and a P90 and you can intimidate your way through the park Gater style wiv your badass wolf hybrid. . .innit. . .laugh.gif lol

Hell yes get it in black. . .some GSG9's and a P90 and you can intimidate your way through the park Gater style wiv your badass wolf hybrid. . .innit. . .laugh.gif lol

lol I was tempted to get an airsoft P90 at christmas from the usual crimbo shops that crop up. wishing I had now

lol I was tempted to get an airsoft P90 at christmas from the usual crimbo shops that crop up. wishing I had now

Saw one in spain a coupla years ago on me Hols but figgered the hassle of expalining it at customs would be Waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too much hassle. . . lolbiggrin.gif

I was using this http://www.sportsdir...rucksack-716056 but in theory you don't need one this big and any solid rucksack with a waist or hip belt should do.

Cool thanx for the info. biggrin.gif

lol yep to both. the vest is ideal especially if I can adapt it with 2 d rings to the front, with all those pouches theres plenty of room to carry extras like cameras phones ect. and that is definitely a p90 but its not a paintball gun its an actual rifle used by the military and a prop version used in two of the best recent sci fi tv shows Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis :D

Sorry we kind of Hijacked the thread and headed off into a stargate geekout

The vest RobC mentioned is similar to those used in the TV show

GSG9's are THE best miitary / SWAT boot and the P90 is as Rob said the military weapon used in the TV show.

i was suggesting that RobC get fully kitted out Stargate style and then get towed by his modified military vest through the park by Nanook

Sorry we kind of Hijacked the thread and headed off into a stargate geekout

The vest RobC mentioned is similar to those used in the TV show

GSG9's are THE best miitary / SWAT boot and the P90 is as Rob said the military weapon used in the TV show.

i was suggesting that RobC get fully kitted out Stargate style and then get towed by his modified military vest through the park by Nanook

Yeah sorry about that :( The reason I was suggesting the vest is that it'd save a lot of pocket space and carrying loads of extra bags when walking a husk in the summer. also they'd be good for those going on the camp trip with rucksacks as well. Everythings quicker to hand.

used in two of the best recent sci fi tv shows Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis :D

I'll second that! Watched Stargate since day 1 - never missed an episode since!

OMG i love stargate atlantis lol

SGA was good - but it ended sooooooo badly! Hopefully the 'so called' feature film (when its eventually produced) will put things right!

What do you guys think of SGU?

Let us know how you get on modifying the vest - if its any good I might get one myself!

The problem I see with simply clipping the backpack waistbelt to a leash handle is that if your dog pulls a lot, then they can pull the backpack waistbelt loose. The quick release buckles on the waistbelt are designed in a way that if you pull straight at it, they will keep tight. But if you pull at an angle, they will come loose.

I've found that my old retired climbing harness makes for a great walking/running belt, it even has a loop in the front (the belay loop) that I can attach the leash to, and it sure is strong!

I am currently at war with snow paws over a walking belt I bought from them. I used it 5 times and it snapped .

So not to sure i want another one, maybe some thing diff is best.

Thats one of the things I was thinking with the vest as well. instead of the strain being taken up with only part of the body as it would be with a belt, with a vest the strain is taken up through out the upper torso. Ideal for those with a slight back problem :)

The problem I see with simply clipping the backpack waistbelt to a leash handle is that if your dog pulls a lot, then they can pull the backpack waistbelt loose. The quick release buckles on the waistbelt are designed in a way that if you pull straight at it, they will keep tight. But if you pull at an angle, they will come loose.

I've found that my old retired climbing harness makes for a great walking/running belt, it even has a loop in the front (the belay loop) that I can attach the leash to, and it sure is strong!

Thats a pretty good idea as well climbing and abseiling harness's are specially designed to take a lot of strain.