Im a very Lucky Mom lol

Chewbacca_&_me

To start let me just say "I praise my lucky stars!"

So the day before yesterday and then yesterday afternoon, I got exceptionally lucky. And unlucky at the same time.

I now have the worlds smartest escapee in my midst, lmao. Tank is quite adept at opening my front screen door, and

he did just that twice in the last 2 days. I like him more every day. hahahaha.

The first time he escaped because my son opened the door, and chewy went with tank to investigate the neighborhood.

they shot off up the street and around the corner toward the school.

My friend says I too took off like a rocket leaving smoke behind me, hahahahaha. We had just been talking about what

would happen if they got out and i didnt catch them, and low and behold they get out. lol.

Luckily for me chewy was happy just following Tank around and they slowed and stopped at a tree. Tank made a run for it

but did nearly do a complete recall to me until suddenly a motorcycle came flying by. Apparently Tank loves to chase motor

cycles, and so he did to the stop at the end of the road. Chewy did not give chase and just stood there staring at tank,

and when I told him to stay he did, so I was able to just walk up and take his collar.

After chasing said motorcycle to the stop sign tank came bounding back and just stood waiting for me to get him too, lol.

Apparently he just wanted to chase the bike first then come to me, silly dog. lol. I am by no means happy that he is a bike

chaser but i am happy that he will willingly recall to me and that he was not harmed because other than the bike the road

was empty and safe.

The second time he got out was technically my fault because I was right outside the door and forgot for a second that tank

could open it. I had just been shouting to a lady how gorgeous her husky pup is and out he came to go to them and intro-

duce himself. He allowed me to walk right over and get him and bring him back inside.

These silly boys have given me a scare or two now but they may just be the best dogs I have ever had.

To answer Nix...Yes I do believe that Tank will stay here with us. He has been through six homes in not even two years so

Im giving him his forever home and If I am able to get his papers I think I may also start "showing" him when my husband

gets home.

post-8209-13585950323785_thumb.jpg

post-8209-13585950330486_thumb.jpg

post-8209-13585950347565_thumb.jpg

Ok so my friend has not called me back yet so Ill fill you in.

Achilles is with my best friend getting into trouble at her house, lol.

I could have gotten in quite alot of trouble for having 3 big dogs here in this house so shes taken him.

Origionally it was just supposed to be for a few days but now she and her fiancee have fallen hard and

head over heals for achilles and after being begged and bugged and begged some more...and 8 days of

waiting to see if they could really handle him I have told her she can take achilles home to arkansas with

her. She has sworn that he will be spoilt and grow very old with her and her other dog Tawny. She has

also sworn to send me lots of pictures and that I will be seeing achilles again in may when she returns to

hawaii. She will be living her on schofield when she gets back because she's marrying an army man. No

worries if she and I were not so close and if I did not trust her, he would not be with her. She knows full

well that I still (and always will) adore achilles. Im going to get her a digital camera for a wedding gift so

I know ill get my pics, lmao.

She has proven to me she is a good husky mom because he escaped the second night he was with her

and she stayed up til 6 am finding him and bringing him home. hahahahaha.

You are a good and generous person to allow one of your furbabies to go to another home.

i hope Achilles settles in. . .(after a suitable period of mayhem. . .lol)

please post pics of him in his new home. . .:)

Oh you can be sure you will still see pics of him here on the board. as a matter of fact Im gonna see if I can get her to

become a forum member. lol. Letting achilles go was a very hard choice but I would rather trust a good friend to love

one of my boys than to allow another needing poochie go to the pound and possibly another dozen homes in his life-

time. I realize that this probably makes me seem fickle but in my heart I feel it was a good choice because now 2 great

dogs have good loving forever homes.