Church Of Latter Day Huskies! (just for fun)

AnnaB

Based on something Andy said in one of the other threads, decided it'd be a laugh to set up the Church Of Latter Day Huskies. Basically what we can do is to take a load of religous stuff and Huskify them. We're working on a few things starting with The Ten Husky Commandments lol.

Anyone can add input so getting those creative juices flowing. Could do Hymns, Husky scriptures and so on. Depending on how well this takes off, we could always set up a spoof website lol.

oh great idea, if you put it on the next census i think it has to be made a recognised religon if 10,000 people do it, i remember being a jedi last time along with all my workmates and i think people all over the country done it and it worked. lol would be great :D

How about this for a scripture

man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was just enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead. He remembered dying and that his dog had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while they came to a high white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight. When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate between the arches that looked like mother of pearl, and that the street that led beyond the gate looked like pure gold.

He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer he saw a man at a desk to one side.

When he was close enough he called out, "Excuse me, where are we?"

"This is heaven, sir," the man answered.

"Wow! Would you happen to have some water?" the man asked.

"Of course, sir. Come right in and I'll have some ice water brought right up." The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

"Can my dog come in too?" the traveler asked.

"I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets."

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, the man came to a dirt road which led through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence. As he approached the gate he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

"Excuse me" he called to the reader, "Do you have any water?"

"Yes, there's a pump right over there." The man pointed to a place that couldn't be seen from outside the gate. "Come on in."

"How about my friend here?" the traveler gestured to the dog.

"There should be a bowl by the pump."

They went through the gate and, sure enough, there was an old fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it.

The traveler filled the bowl and took a long drink himself. When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man, who was standing by then, waiting for them. "What do you call this place?" he asked.

"This is heaven," was the answer.

"Well, that's confusing," he said, "the man down the road said that was heaven too."

"Oh, you mean the place with the street of gold and the pearly gates? That's hell."

"Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?"

"No. I can see how you might think so, but we're just happy that they screen out the people who would leave their dogs behind......."

brn-bar.gif

and this

MIND GAMES DOGS PLAY WITH HUMANS

boy-pup-bar.gif

girl-hat-sq.gif

After your humans give you a bath,
DON'T LET THEM TOWEL DRY YOU!
Instead, run to their bed, jump up and dry yourself off on the sheets. This is especially good if it's right before your humans bedtime.

girl-hat-sq.gif
Act like a convicted criminal. When the humans come home, put your ears back, tail between your legs, chin down and act as if you have done something really bad. Then, watch as the humans frantically search the house for the damage they think you have caused. (Note: This only works when you have done absolutely nothing wrong.)

girl-hat-sq.gif
Let the humans teach you a brand new trick. Learn it perfectly. Then the humans try to demonstrate it to someone else, stare blankly back at the humans. Pretend you have no idea what they're talking about.

girl-hat-sq.gif
Make your humans be patient. When you go outside to go
pee
, sniff around the entire yard as your humans wait. Act as if the spot you choose to go pee will ultimately decide the fate of the earth.

girl-hat-sq.gif
Draw attention to the human. When out for a walk always pick the busiest, most visible spot to go
poop
. Take your time and make sure everyone watches. This works particularly well if your humans have forgotten to bring a plastic bag.

girl-hat-sq.gif
When out for a walk, alternate between choking and coughing every time a strange human walks by.

girl-hat-sq.gif
Make your own rules. Don't always bring back the stick when playing fetch with the humans. Make them go and chase it once in a while.

girl-hat-sq.gif
Hide from your humans. When your humans come home, don't greet them at the door. Instead, hide from them, and make them think something terrible has happened to you. (Don't reappear until one of your humans is panic-stricken and close to tears).

girl-hat-sq.gif
When your human calls you to come back in, always take your time. Walk as slowly as possible back to the door.

girl-hat-sq.gif
Wake up twenty minutes before the alarm clock is set to go off and make the humans take you out for your morning pee. As soon as you get back inside, fall asleep. (Humans can rarely fall back asleep after going outside, this will drive them nuts!)

This is great. Cheryl +1 on each of your earlier posts. Good stuff. biggrin.gif

Here are the 10 commandments…which took me bloomin’ ages to re-word appropriately, lol :lol:

1 “I am Lord Balto, who brought you out of the land of Siberia, out of the house of tasty treats and sled pulling. You shall have no other gods before me.â€Â

2 “You shall make for yourself a ‘cute as a button’ image or any likeness of anything cute and fluffy.â€Â

3 “You shall not take the name of Lord Balto in vain.â€Â

4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall have lots of play time and long walks with your humans, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of Lord Balto. In it you shall do no work: instead you shall sleep all day.â€Â

5 “Honour your humans, may your days may be long upon the land which the Lord Balto is giving you.â€Â

6 “You shall not chew your human’s furniture.â€Â

7 “You shall not commit adultery.â€Â

8 “You shall not steal a child’s teddy bear and keep it as your ownâ€Â.

9 “You shall not bear those pearly white teeth.â€Â

10 “You shall not urinate in your human's house; you shall not hump your neighbour’s dog, or anything that is your neighbour's.â€Â

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys here goes.... i tried re-wording some hymn titles but it was more difficult than i thought lol so i only done a few :)

A Doggy Toy To Keep I Have

All Hail The Power Of Balto’s Name

Shower Me With Many Treats

Bark! The Herald Huskies Howl

My Human, I Love Thee

What A Friend We Have In Balto