Bathing!

Joey.Zarly

I just finished bathing the pups little over 30mins ago!

It's coming into winter and today was a nice day to give them a bath before it gets too cold.

There's just one thing..

I had a few people knock on my door asking what i am doing to my dogs and they'll call the rspca???

I said to them nicely "i'm only bathing them".. although they didn't believe me even if i where covered in water from head to toe!

This was Joey's 3rd bath since me owning him and Zarly's second, the breeder never washed them!

I have a big tub which i put them in and they stand there in the warm water while i wash them, then i hose them off, whether i hose them off or use a cup they still scream like someone is going to murder them!

I've tried everything and they still scream!!

Ideas anyone??

maybe try something like this - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JOHNSONS-DRY-FOAM-SHAMPOO-FOR-CATS-DOGS_W0QQitemZ290424595732QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Cats?hash=item439ea7a514#ht_1964wt_940

my two hate being bathed although I don't think they're quite as vocal as your two lol

oh love your new signature by the way holly it's lovely!

I've tried the shower and bath, nope still screamed.

Tried the hose, by hand or with a cup.. nope still screamed.

I've been in there with them and they just try and jump out and they scream!!

I've never made bathing a bad experience for them, They just really don't like it :(

I'm not sure what you should do, but I'll tell what I tried.

I bath Athos today and he didn't scream. He was quite calm. I used a small basin with warm water and took the water from the basin, with my hand, and put it on him. It takes longer but I think it is less upsetting for him. I must admit that I was as wet as him when we finished :D:D.