Myshka & Diesel's camping weekend in Wareham

Val (Zebedee)

Bear in mind this was a working farm we camped at ... the owner knew we had 2 huskies, but put us at the entrance to the farm, next to a relative of theirs camping there who fed the chickens ... their dog didn't bother the chickens, neither did the farmer's dogs, so the chickens weren't fazed by our 2 :rolleyes:

We spent the first 2 days shoo-ing the chickens away, the little buggers crept under our caravan & everything, but we managed to save them ...... until Steve & I were eating lunch on Friday. The dogs were hooked up to the front of the caravan in the shade, it was boiling. Suddenly, we heard "squawk, squawk" then silence! :blink: Steve ran out & I followed to hear "Val, get the chicken! Drop it! Myshka! Diesel! Drop it!" :unsure:

Turns out a chicken had jumped the windbreaks we'd put up for shade, landing right between the dogs! Well, they thought it was Christmas & started playing tug-o-war with the bloody chicken! :o

They dropped it when Steve shouted, but it was still flapping even though it was lying on it's back! I picked it up & moved it out of reach of the dogs while Steve went to tell the farmer :mellow: that's when it stopped moving all together!

The farmer came over & said"It's one of those things, the dogs weren't to blame - do they want to finish it off?" :blink: We said no, they'd been told off for doing what they did, they can't have it. So she took it away. Later she said she checked it over & there were no puncture wounds, the chicken died of shock (wouldn't you??) so it couldn't be eaten as that makes the meat tough ...

I went with Steve back to the front of the van where the dogs were & Steve burst out laughing! I asked what he was laughing at ... amongst the feathers, the chicken had laid an egg in fright! :blink::o the shell was still soft, so it wasn't ready to be laid, but the chicken didn't have a choice!

So, now you all know why Big D won the ASBO dog award for the weekend .... along with Myshka! :lol:

was sooo funny..poor d..bless him..labelled asbo dog. , have to say though, with d getting the award, it does show how well behaved all the other dogs were, even troy who wasnt very sociallised before the weekend was pretty good. only real scrap was between 2 dogs on the sponsored walk, and one of them wasnt camping (so it doesnt count).

thanks to all for giving troy the chance to proove he can be a good lad..sorry for the snaps...but overall i think he did ok for his first time with alot of dogs bless him

ohmy.gif:lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor Chicken sad.gif

Funny story though Val, bet you nearly laid an egg in shock!! :D

I nearly had kittens! Now THAT would have been a story! :lol:

Wouldn't mind, I had 56 chicken carcasses in the freezer I'd just bought off Stan the Man on here - they didn't have to go for chicken that fresh!!!!!! :blink::P

they wil come back with a deer next time lol biggrin.gif

Sally at the farm said when we first arrived that there were loads of deer in the area that were a nuisance & the dogs were quite welcome to have one!! :o

lmao.....val that is the funniest thing i have read in a while- it made me spit my brew out from laughing :lol:

what i thing to happen :lol: ......wish i'd come now :lol: :lol: :lol:

x x x x

Glad I brightened your day, Tamz, at least I can laugh about it now!! :blink::lol: