Where does your husky ride in your car?

Lana

I was just thinking about some of the behavior that i allow Lana to perform when she is riding in the van with me and/or my family. When it is just me and her she will sit in the front seat with her dog seat belt on, however when the family gets in the far she is in the middle or more likely walks free . She 9 out of 10 times will just say right behind my seat. My wife and I have notice that she has more often than normal started to hope in the front seat despite the family getting in the car. Then when she is corrected and instructed to get in the back she soaks.

We have thought about get thing gate thingy that prevents a dog from coming past a certain distance in a car....more or less like a divider.

So where is a better place to get suggestions, advice, and opinions than here about where your dogs is riding at in your car and its behavior.

Now before you beat me up remember i maybe part of this problem by allowing her to ride in the front seat with me when the family is not accompanied.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an estate car and my two ride in the boot behind the back seats.

When I had a smaller car they were always on the back seats A lot depends on the type of car you have

Mine ride in the boot so long as its not to sunny if it is the ride on the back seats and we have a divider between the boot and back seats, on the odd time we have to put them on the back seats they are straped in thou the seatbelts and can only move so much :)

If i am with someone, my husband or someone else etc she is on the back seat with an attachment to her harness into the seatbelt clip. If i am by myself she is in the front seat as i need to put my chair on the backseat to get it out - again, clipped in.

when we have another child, we'll be screwed!

Our two go in the boot when in Leighs car with a divider up so they can't jump over, and in my car coz I only have a little one they go in the back with the seats down, but they're really good and will just lie down and go to sleep no matter how long the journey.

When Holly wants to behave herself that is.

Chloe is as good as gold in cars

my three sit on the back seat with a devider, i try to put one in the boot and they jump over to be with the other 2 on the seat. I'm getting another devider so they can take turns in the boot, they dont mine all being together on the back seat but you should see them all lay ontop of each other.

Mine travel in their crates in the van.

I'm going to sound all serious now I know, but I wouldn't let any dog be loose in a car, if you have someone hit you from behind, those 20kg of husky weight will be thrown forward with the force of an elephant hitting you or whoever is in the front. So I'd recommend harnesses and seat belts, or dividers.

blink.gif The hell is "the boot"? I have a sports car so I make kaien ride in the passenger side floor board. he usually just slumps down and goes to sleep. If we're in stop and go traffic, i'll let him sit in my lap so he can see out and ppl can gawk at him lol

in my truck i flip up the back seats and have a blanket on the ground. she has her harness on with a homemade seatbelt. if its along drive i bring her dog bed and she sleeps the whole time. if your dog sits up front make sure the air bag is off.. cant stand people around here ither holding there dog while driving or sitting beside them.