Why do people do this?

shedalot

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I have a day off? biggrin.gif lol sheesh don't know what i'd do laugh.gif

It's a good question Kevin, you don't have to be a member to view the forums there's nothing to hide from people, and I feel that by having it "open" it can reach more people and more people can get the information they may be looking for. I don't agree with having to sign up to something just to research about your dog - if you need info on feeding / health issues etc and google brings you here then you should be able to see it :)

Some people though are used to having to register for things and wonder if there's a different area for members only - well there is - the chat room, but that's all

Hopefully though the warm welcomings that new members are getting encourage people to return and join in the fun :)

Yeah, Kev you deffo need a day off. . . . Lol :)

but I agree we have nearly 1500 members from all over the world

if they all posted at least once per week the forum would be on fire. . .

i think some people come looking for the solution to a problem (usually runny poo)

get what they need and either just lurk or never come back

sad really

I,m at work on my smartphone. . .but then maybe I'm addicted. . .lol

It's a good question Kevin, you don't have to be a member to view the forums there's nothing to hide from people, and I feel that by having it "open" it can reach more people and more people can get the information they may be looking for. I don't agree with having to sign up to something just to research about your dog - if you need info on feeding / health issues etc and google brings you here then you should be able to see it :)

See, it's great to do it that way. I agree that people shouldn't have to register to research huskies. I also know what you mean by people registering just to see what else there may be for them.

Anyway, there have been many a time when I reply to these "introductions" and found that it was a waste of my time. So, I'm at the point where I will wait to see newbies actually return before welcoming them.

Oh, and I need a WEEK off. I haven't had that in years!laugh.gif

Yeah, Kev you deffo need a day off. . . . Lol smile.gif

but I agree we have nearly 1500 members from all over the world

if they all posted at least once per week the forum would be on fire. . .

i think some people come looking for the solution to a problem (usually runny poo)

get what they need and either just lurk or never come back

sad really

I,m at work on my smartphone. . .but then maybe I'm addicted. . .lol

Runny poo ROFL!!!biggrin.giflaugh.gif

You make me laugh Andy. It sounds like you have a problem...he he !!wink.gif

maybe after realizing what it intel for the care of a husky they realize...maybe this isnt the pet for me? Then again you know must of us are on here really committed to this site as well and enjoy the people on here. Family takes time to get to know one of us and maybe sometimes we might rub people the wrong way with our comments/advice/suggestion.

I have been guilty of that at a time but i make all efforts to ensure them that i mean no disrespect and apologize if they misinterpreted one of my comments.

I haven't seen that on my forums to often.

Is it a problem here?

You may not have seen it but believe me it happens on every forum, I've been running them for years and can tell you out of every member that joins any forum you will only get 25% that post on a regular basis and 50% that join will never post and I can tell you we have a higher % post than most forums of our age :)

lol, I have done that before, but I hope to stick around here. If I quit posting, it's because I have the attention span of a peanut (No wonder I love huskies) lol so I simply forget that I registered on the forum... it's not something I will do intentionally. I don't have any husky runny poo issues either lol I keep my furry boy on a very diverse diet to build up his stomach strength hehe.

lol, I have done that before, but I hope to stick around here. If I quit posting, it's because I have the attention span of a peanut (No wonder I love huskies) lol so I simply forget that I registered on the forum... it's not something I will do intentionally. I don't have any husky runny poo issues either lol I keep my furry boy on a very diverse diet to build up his stomach strength hehe.

Well if you . . .or Riley ever do get runny poo we have solutions for that . . . lol biggrin.giflaugh.gif

lol it's good to know how resourceful this place is, I'll make sure to ask for those solutions when the right time comes laugh.gif

erm. . .well it'll probably be the wrong time. . .coz when you've got runny poo. . .yer gonna be glued to the throne. . .unsure.gif

and if rileys got it then yer gonna be running around following his draggy ass with a bucket. . ohmy.gif

Sorry but we take the pi$$ as a matter of course. . .biggrin.gif

haha yeah you're prolly right about that. That reminds me of one time Riley ate a bunch of peanut oil from a cooking pan and did have that particular issue....needless to say my whole bathroom was painted brown, including some of the wall :P gross I know, and I was stuck cleaning it :P

Ahhhh, but did it smell of peanuts ?rolleyes.gif