Why do people do this?

shedalot

I'm afraid not :P if only .... haha

I just got your other dogs name. . . the Dragon from never ending story. . .right ??

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, yep, it's the white luck flying dragon from Neverending story indeed :) When he was a pup (he's dachshund/chihuahua mix) he was a lot more pale in colour, and like all little dogs, he thinks he's a big tough dog. He's pretty lucky to have ended up with us too, after the abuse he was through as a newborn puppy, so I guess the name fits :) He bosses my husky around too lol and the weird thing is Riley lets him, even though Riley doesn't take crap from any other dogs. It seems we hijacked the thread, sorry about that :D

Hijacking threads is a speciality of mine. . . .lol

Ask anyone. . . .

Keath and myself had everyone doing weird google searches after we got chatting about Stargate weapons in the middle of someones thread about husky leads and connections.

It was connected to the thread but we went off at a tangent and well. . .there you go. laugh.gif

It's possible that Riley still sees Falcor as a pup and lets him get away with stuff. . . .tongue.gif

I think you're right about that Andy, because Riley goes and pees on top of Falcor's fresh spots outside (they are both neutered too), so clearly the husky is saying something by that. I just think it's cute that Falcor can boss a bigger dog around. One time I rescued this alleged Husky (Indy) from being put to sleep, but I think he must have been a Malamute or at least a Huskamute, mix because he was about 80 pounds and only slightly overweight. Well one day Riley and Indy decided to start a fight over a sealed package of cat treats lol and let me tell you, Indy is the only dog that gained Riley's respect, because he kicked Riley's butt. Nobody was injured, I might add, because I pulled off Indy without incidents, but boy was Riley scared crapless of Indy after that. lol He wouldn't even walk passed him, unless I was there to tell him it was ok to do so. I guess what someone once told me about huskies is true, that they can get very competitive about things.

PS My mind works in a similar manner, I can jump from topic to topic and before you know I'm discussing life after death or something weird like that lol

I think you're right about that Andy, because Riley goes and pees on top of Falcor's fresh spots outside (they are both neutered too), so clearly the husky is saying something by that. I just think it's cute that Falcor can boss a bigger dog around. One time I rescued this alleged Husky (Indy) from being put to sleep, but I think he must have been a Malamute or at least a Huskamute, mix because he was about 80 pounds and only slightly overweight. Well one day Riley and Indy decided to start a fight over a sealed package of cat treats lol and let me tell you, Indy is the only dog that gained Riley's respect, because he kicked Riley's butt. Nobody was injured, I might add, because I pulled off Indy without incidents, but boy was Riley scared crapless of Indy after that. lol He wouldn't even walk passed him, unless I was there to tell him it was ok to do so. I guess what someone once told me about huskies is true, that they can get very competitive about things.

yes Riley found out that day that he was no longer Alpha. When that happens the personality shift can be quite dramatic.

but with Falcor I think he's just being nice to his little bud.

PS My mind works in a similar manner, I can jump from topic to topic and before you know I'm discussing life after death or something weird like that lol

and welcome to my world. . . rolleyes.gif

Not lurking. Just busy doing housekeeping and d.i.y. Not that I'm trying to keep the Mrs sweet for next week when I hopefully bring home another sibe that she doesn't know about.................. yet biggrin.gif .

Click . . .Brrrrrrrrrr. . .boop beep boop boop beep. . . "Hello is that Mrs. Flexman. . . Ahem I think there is something you should know. . . .biggrin.gif

Yes its a bit annoying, and Im a bit late on a reply, lmao! Have a great day! :)

Oh! Erika I hate to say this but with 1462 posts under your belt you are Lurking in plain sight. . . lol

I think we scare a few off also, it takes a special kind of ppl to fit in here laugh.gif

Tell me about it tongue.gif

maybe after realizing what it intel for the care of a husky they realize...maybe this isnt the pet for me?

Sad thing is i still dont have a husky and I'm still here for at least a few mins every day lol I'm usually on here quite a lot its a bit sad laugh.gif

Tell me about it tongue.gif

Sad thing is i still dont have a husky and I'm still here for at least a few mins every day lol I'm usually on here quite a lot its a bit sad laugh.gif

It's just nice to have you here. . .and Nix would kill us if we didn't like you. . .lol laugh.gif

Click . . .Brrrrrrrrrr. . .boop beep boop boop beep. . . "Hello is that Mrs. Flexman. . . Ahem I think there is something you should know. . . .biggrin.gif

Tooooooo late. Already told her, lol. She says we can't afford him so I've stopped(ish) smoking. Suddenly we can afford him. And the next argument from the Mrs will be?????????? Whatever it is it will be shot down in flames and Buddy will be mine. Oh yes. He will be mine. lol.

aghem - says you 590 since 14th march?

Lol. . .I don't think I've ever Lurked. . .I may have skulked on occasion or sidled with intent. . .but most would agree that I jump up and down, shouting, waving flags and setting off fireworks. :)

Hi,

My name is Rob and I am a lurker.

There, I said it.

I signed up and have posted very little but read the forums everyday before starting work and again at lunchtime.

Why do I lurk?

The majority of the time just reading gives me the answers I need, or the topic already has the full spectrum of answers therefore I don't feel the need to post anything.

I am registered on dozens of forums and have always been a lurker, the forums are a great way of getting answers to questions and are usually indexed heavily by Google etc. The reason usually for registering is that most forums do not allow you to search their posts unless you are a member.

Just want to let you guys know that you guys are the most friendliest members in any forums I've been a member of.

I think most people who lurk don't intend to. Some time they might not want to post things they feel that they are not knowledgeable of or give any advice to other members that have been here for a long time.

I am on this site everyday to read up more about Huskies or I try to post as often as I can.

As most of you know I'm here almost everyday wibbling away on almost any subject, usually getting sidetracked an hijacking the thread on some totally random tangent.

however I've never entered the hallowed chatroom. . . .kinkyness. . . Ooohh err

I think I shall investigate.

First I gotta see if my damn phone can see the text in there, coz I can't see bugger all in the shoutbox on my phone. . . Sigh

Nope not a damn thing. . . :(

never mind I shall delve into its mysteries tomorrow

fair warning. . . . :)