Grain less diet?

KenRC51

I havent gone grainless yet but Im planning on switching to EVO food soon. Going to raw is just not good for us

right now so they are on eukanuba at the moment but in about a week Im switching them to EVO. Im hoping they

like it because It will be really wicked to spend that kind of money if they dont eat the food.

I havent gone grainless yet but Im planning on switching to EVO food soon. Going to raw is just not good for us

right now so they are on eukanuba at the moment but in about a week Im switching them to EVO. Im hoping they

like it because It will be really wicked to spend that kind of money if they dont eat the food.

Yes, they are expensive. At my local pet store they have a sale two times a year. During those times I buy like 4 (36lbs) bag and stock up for the next sale. Since I'm about to get a new puppy I will be stocking up on more.

When i still fed kibble i fed Orijen and my girls loved it. I've fed Wellness puppy to all 3 of my Huskies and they did well on it. It's my favorite of the puppy foods. But it is NOT grainless.

I have to agree with you Arooroomom. Wellness puppy is also my fav kibble for puppies.

I feed Orijen, Acana grain-free, Go! grain-free, Canidae grain-free..right now I'm feeding Wellness CORE (which is grain-free).. so..yup. I like to feed grain-free :). I will occasionally feed a food with grains. I really like Fromm, as well as the other Go! formulas. I just try my darndest to stick with GF. My dogs seem to do the best on those formulas, plus my little bugger bichon is rediculously picky. It's tough to convince him to eat anything, the grain-free formuals tend to be the most palatable.

I know Orijen makes a puppy formula, if you wanted to go with GF puppy food. Now! also makes a grain free puppy formula with a moderate protein content, although I'm not sure how easy Now! is to find in the U.S. as it's a Canadian brand. I *think* Taste of the Wild is an all life stage food, although don't quote me on that one. Innova also has a puppy formula, although it isn't grain free (just mentioning if you want to stick with the same brand). Nothing against Wellness though, it's a fine choice :).

I'm trying to find a dry food for wolfie, i was feeding him orijen which he seemed to like but most of the time his pooh was loose, i then tried him on orijen fish which he seemed to like but has now gone completely off it unless i put something with it, he is 2 years old and not a working dog, i have been looking at wellness core as i have seen mentioned on here, totw and a few other brands but the only one i seem to be able to find is totw and there is only a couple of places which do that here in the uk, just wandered if anyone had ideas, i know a lot of people mention raw, but im not to sure bout it, i have been feeding him dry in morning and those blocks of meat from pets at home, any help would be much appreciated

No i havnt sarah, which one do you use if you dont mind me asking, do you feed raw as well sarah?

I started mine on the mini bites when they were young, at moment they're on http://www.burnspet.co.uk/dog/chicken_brown_rice.asp

I have started now feeding more raw but found that on this even before the raw they did really well, their coats and teeth were always good :)

I started mine on the mini bites when they were young, at moment they're on http://www.burnspet...._brown_rice.asp

I have started now feeding more raw but found that on this even before the raw they did really well, their coats and teeth were always good :)

Aw brill thanks sarah, ill have to try him on it and see how i get on, just wanna find something that he is happy with and hopefully a bit more solid, but is that only really done by feeding raw?, thanks sarah biggrin.gif

no probs, can't comment on other foods as have only fed Burns and stuck with it as it agreed with my boys. If you ring their number they talk you through what'd be the best food to go for depending on the individual dog / it's needs etc - they will also send you free samples :)

no probs, can't comment on other foods as have only fed Burns and stuck with it as it agreed with my boys. If you ring their number they talk you through what'd be the best food to go for depending on the individual dog / it's needs etc - they will also send you free samples :)

thats awesome sarah thanks ever so much, yeah im off work tomorrow so will have to give them a ring and get some free samples and see what the beast thinks to them laugh.gifbiggrin.gif

my munchkin gets Orijen. I alternate from the red meat and fish. I use EVO 95% cans as toppers when shes been super good or I just feel like spoiling her a little more (not that shes not already completely spoiled). =) I've thought about raw but I can't find any local butchers or what not where I live so its a bit pricey.

• 2 weeks later...

my munchkin gets Orijen. I alternate from the red meat and fish. I use EVO 95% cans as toppers when shes been super good or I just feel like spoiling her a little more (not that shes not already completely spoiled). =) I've thought about raw but I can't find any local butchers or what not where I live so its a bit pricey.

I would love to try to feed Stitch and Articuno Orijen but non of local pet shop carries them.

Skyler, I feel Stitch Evo and about once a week I would add some canned EVO to her food. Boy, does she get excited.