STUPID, STUPID MAN!!!

sabresmum

I have just taken Sabre and Marley for a walk, which is mainly a road walk but then when we are nearly home we walk across the 'showground'. I could see a chap with a big German Shepherd so kept to the top of the field out of his way but as we turn to go down the edge of the field this german shepherd comes running up to us barking his head off and the fella shouts something like "it's ok he won't hurt them" didn't quite catch it. Of course my two start jumping, pulling and barking to get to the german shepherd who is getting closer and closer, still barking and showing his teeth. I ended up sat on the floor trying to hold my two back shouting at the fella "can you get it please" and what does he do but just WALK OFF!!!!!! angry.gif To top it all I have also hurt my back trying to hold on to my two.

I have got back into the house shaking like a leaf and have just burst into tears. I can't believe what just happened. It is alright him saying his dog won't hurt mine, but mine are on a lead - he doesn't know why they are on a lead!!

Sorry to rant at you lot but Andy's out and I just had to get this out of my system.

I get this loads when on walks , folks with off lead dogs just don't seem to care if their off lead dog is pestering you, i have had a few say ''why not let them off they will have fun''. I get so fed up with saying why , i have 3 sibes trying to drag me to get to other dogs off lead if i don't have hold of them in time .

Oh geez, I know the feeling all too well. We mostly walk the wider sidewalks here, and people purposely shove us off

onto the grass or street so they can go by with their dogs. One person told me I shouldnt walk Tank in public because

he looks mean...funny thing is it was his dog growling...and he had no control over it. I wonder what it takes to get

people to actually be polite and/or mind their own business. You would think that a single adult walking one dog could

find a little kindness and yield to a mom with a stroller, 2 kids, and 2 dogs...but no instead he gets right in the way and

then complains that my dog is not fit to walk in public (because Tank barked excitedly at his dog). Ill give it that if Tank

gets excited he is one wild and loud pooch but geez all it takes is common sense.

I cant blame you for ranting, some people are so rude.

Julie, I know where you're coming from, too, we've had it happen to us, but less so since we got Diesel (I wonder why .... :rolleyes: ) .... it spoils it for the responsible owners - how the hell does he know how his dog will react with 2 huskies wanting to get at him? Happens to him on a daily basis, I suppose ... what a DINGBAT!! :angry: (NOT the word I wanted to use but this is a family forum!:lol:

Hope you're not too sore in the morning, hun, xxx