Is your husky a cuddle-monster or not?

Val (Zebedee)

Thinking about Myshka, she is quite aloof, she will come to you if there is something for her (treat) but not for a cuddle. Most times, if she gets to you & you've got nothing, she'll turn her nose up & walk off! Snooty cow! We end up apologising to strangers who want to stroke her! The only time she's happy to cuddle up is when she's not 100%.

Diesel, on the other hand, well .... what can I say? You'd get tired of stroking him before he got tired of it!! He'd stay there all night!!

What are your huskies like? Will they sit for ages being cuddled & petted or will they suffer 2 mins to keep you happy then be off??!!!! :D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Spider_Crazy_Removed

Do greyhounds count??

Katie will lean and like Diesel you conk out before she has had inuf, she does love her cuddles and I love to get her in bed with me for warmth and she loves in and if you need proof listen to the hufting and snoring :D

Peter x

Loki she's just like Myshka if you've got nothing for her she don't want to know, but that's with me lol she will cuddle up to Dave all nite on the settee. She's a daddy's girl.

Odin noooo he's not into cuddles at all, he's not food/treat orientated so that don't work, he's one that just wants to play all the time. He as to be in the mood for a cuddle and thats not to often.

Thor well he's the one but he wont sit with you or cuddle on the settee, he just comes over and sits at your feet, put's a paw on your lap and will stay there as long as you let him, he loves to give you kisses and is so gentle when he jumps up to kiss you.

Odin's like a bull if he jumps up make sure you have your back to the wall or your on your ass lol

Sampson likes to be fussed over by Ian and me but he can take or leave people who come up while they are out walking, he just rather move along. He has even been rude enough to pee through the fence on the kids that come to see themunsure.gif. He likes to be pet but after awhile just lies down on the floor next to one of us.

Nikita insists on being fussed over by everyone. If someone isn't fussing enough she uses her front paws to try to pull them closer or swats at them in order get them to start petting her again. She also insists on setting next to/on somebody when on the furniture.

koda wants to sniff people but will shy away from everyone who tries to touch her, she will cuddle with me in the house and lie near my dad when im not in the same room/house.

we do socailize koda but she just doesnt want anyone to touch her, if we are at my mums she wont allow my bro's or my mum to touch or stroke her

I was just thinking about asking this question lol

Gracie is my first Husky and I've never met a more affectionate dog. I wondered if it was all Huskies.

Gracie loves everyone. She will also try to suffocate you with kisses. When we read or watch TV, she lies between the two of us her head (or 1/2 of her) on my lap. I'm feeling bad for my other two. She's back up on the sofa trying to give kisses and lay on the computer as I type thisbiggrin.gif I want another one just like her!

Kaien loves attention but he has A.D.D. and soon tires of you and wonders off in search of something else to entertain himself. As for cuddling, he hates it. He will not sleep near me on the bed, he sleeps on the opposite side farthest from me, lol

Kimba thinks he's still a small 8 week old pup that can curl up on my lap laugh.gif

I know it's not right but i just love it when i come home from work and they jump up at me, well kimba does kaiser doesn't, kimba rests both paws on my shoulder gives me a lick then runs round wooing cause mummy's home laugh.giflaugh.gif

Though sakari will always be around me she dont like me being out of her sight she is not a cuddle fan she like to be left alone unless on her terms shelikes a fuss in mornings an when lights go off for bed will rest her head on my stomach for attention then will get on her bed an crash out for the night thats almost it but when on walks is so playful. Thats our relationship for cuddles lol. though does randomly once in blue moon get on my lap like a cat would it owner for few mins

Mickey used to really like being up with me and getting rubbies. Not anymore. I think it's because i fuss over his skin too much and he's sick of it biggrin.gif. Cheyenne loveessss to lay with me in bed and will stay there all night getting petted. Mishka comes up only when Cheyenne is there. Most of the time she's just trying to piss Cheyenne off enough to start one of their play fits.rolleyes.gif

Seamus... my lord if my hand goes anywhere near him i'm stuck petting him for hours. Or he whines. Or chases me. Or does other irritating things laugh.gif

If you cannot tell by the picture already....yes Lana loved to cuddle. In fact she will shove her nose under you hand as a way of telling you she wants to be pet and pet now! We dont mind this behavior as it is not causing anyone any harm and that she just want some love.

Lana loves getting into the bed with us (when my wife allows it) and loves to try to shove my wife out the bed. laugh.gif This has more than often caused her to be kicked out the bed by my wife but hey it get funny at times. Then when i am not there she loves sleeping in my spot and then sucks up to my wife. It's amusing because she kinda harass my wife to let her when i am not there. If that's not the case Lana ends up getting kick out the room because she cry's because i am not in the room. (We leave the door shut when my wife is sleeping because our children are very loud in the morning.)

Lana also loves to get right under you on the couch when you are watching movie or t.v. When it comes to treat time oh boy....she would go to the store and buy you some flowers if she could for a treat.

Lana talks to my wife way more than she talks to me...which i am starting to think that she really telling her off sometimes. I get jealous because of it sometimes but then my wife has commented that Lana gets depressed and soaks when i am not in the house. There has been several times when i have tried taking a nap and Lana would wait outside the door crying to get in and lay on the bed. When no one is in the room she isnt either.

My two love cuddles, but strictly on their terms. My husband and I each have one of the huskies lie next to us on the couch when we watch TV - they love the odd stroke or tickle but if it goes on toooo long they will get off and lie at our feet. We don't allow them in the bedroom (asthma), but they climb up in the morning to get my attention - then I get lots of kisses and cuddles, but I think they just do this to get me up so I can feed them.