Eika is getting spayed tomorrow :-(

Sqwidge

Well the time has finally come...i booked this in Janurary and it's come around so quickly. I am taking her in at 9, and i feel so bad, she doesn't know what's coming, i just hope she doesn't drive everyone nuts with her howling/crying...she is such a big baby! It is going to sound like they are killing her in there when people come for checkups in the morning lol! I'm really hoping Gabi is on tomorrow (my fave vet nurse there) to look after her, as i know she loves her and Eika knows her as well, so will make me feel better.

Right i had better try and get some sleep, i don't forsee me being able to relax tonight...:(

hi sarah

we had zolah speyed on monday and i felt the same as you ..but she is fine ..wen she came home monday she was in a bit of pain but on tuesday it was like nothing had happened

take a look at the pics i have just put on there is a couple of pics on there ......honestly its not that bad ...i know this wont help ...good luck with her hugs from all of us xxxxsmile.gifsmile.gif

Fingers n paws crossed that she isnt too distressed afterwards.

We are having Koda speyed in about a months time. . .so you'll be able to give us the benefit of your experience.

All the best from the Rickard Pack. . .:)

Well i dropped her off at 9 (we got to the vets really early, didn't realise how close we are from the new house!)...never ever take kids with you when you have to leave the dog at the vets, Josh cried the whole way to nursery, oops! We both gave her a hug and kiss though, and i can imagine how loud she has been, i just hope she's been ok.

I should hear in about an hour how she's done, then we can find out what time we can pick her up. gah, can't stop thinking about her. :(

picked her up about 5...and she was still quite sleepy. Her wound is very small adn looks quite neat. They haven't given us any painkillers or a cone, so think we're in for a sleepless night! She keeps trying to lick the stitches, so we may have to pop to the pet store to buy her a cone as she's got to have the stitches in for 10 days...she's struggling to get comfy at the moment, poor baby...

Other than that she's just slept the whole time, which is good...and she's taken the biggest pee EVER, and is drinking fine, she hasn't eaten anything with us yet, but she had some food at the vets before she came home.

Will keep you updated as to whether i got any sleep tonight, and will take some pictures tomorrow! - especially if the poor thing has to have a cone!

Thanks for all the well wishes! xx

awww im glad that everything went fine with the surgery, its a shame that the vets didnt give you a cone!!!!! i thought that it was standard for a dog to be given one so that they dont pull at stitches, i hope she recovers well and that you guys dont have to worry too much

hugs